Roy Clark Passes Away at 85

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batman65

Roy Clark Passes Away at 85

Post by Batman65 »

http://www.msn.com/en-us/music/news/roy ... li=BBnb7Kz

This is another sad day for fans around the world. If you want to talk about talented..Right here my friends. This is a loss. I will never forget spending our Saturday evenings watching Hee Haw as a family. Thanks so much for the great memories and laughs, and great great musicianship you gave all of us. Rest In Peace Roy.
John Mack

Re: Roy Clark Passes Away at 85

Post by John Mack »

:cry: Very sad. A great musician! It's horrible that he died on my birthday :cry:
Music. BAT! Music.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

RIP Mr.Clark.
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

First Stan the Man' Lee, than Katherine MacGregor - the infamous Mrs. Olsen from Little House on the Prairie, was announced passing on this morning and then almost immediately afterwards Roy Clark left us. This has been a sad week for those of us who remember them with fondness, especially from the '70s when they were household names in one way or another. God go with them all. :(
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
High C

Post by High C »

Very sad news. For anyone who remembers his work on Hee Haw, and I'm not slighting that at all, I recommend looking for some videos of Clark playing guitar. Obviously, country/bluegrass was his favorite genre, but the man could play anything well. I mean, I defer to John Mack on this, but I think Clark could have been a hard rock guitarist if he wanted, or have excelled in any guitar genre for that matter. The man could shred, as they say.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

High C wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 am Very sad news. For anyone who remembers his work on Hee Haw, and I'm not slighting that at all, I recommend looking for some videos of Clark playing guitar. Obviously, country/bluegrass was his favorite genre, but the man could play anything well. I mean, I defer to John Mack on this, but I think Clark could have been a hard rock guitarist if he wanted, or have excelled in any guitar genre for that matter. The man could shred, as they say.
I have been playing guitar for over 35 years. You are 100% correct. Roy could shread on guitar and if you haven’t seen it, go find a vid of him playing Orange Blossom Special on the fiddle. He could tear it up on there also. He could play anything, and he was great at it. A sad loss indeed.
High C

Post by High C »

Batman65 wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:59 am
High C wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:09 am Very sad news. For anyone who remembers his work on Hee Haw, and I'm not slighting that at all, I recommend looking for some videos of Clark playing guitar. Obviously, country/bluegrass was his favorite genre, but the man could play anything well. I mean, I defer to John Mack on this, but I think Clark could have been a hard rock guitarist if he wanted, or have excelled in any guitar genre for that matter. The man could shred, as they say.
I have been playing guitar for over 35 years. You are 100% correct. Roy could shred on guitar and if you haven’t seen it, go find a vid of him playing Orange Blossom Special on the fiddle. He could tear it up on there also. He could play anything, and he was great at it. A sad loss indeed.
Yes, and he also could play 'classical' violin as he did on The Odd Couple, plus banjo, mandolin, etc. A musical genius, really, and an incredible talent.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Always a very pleasant man and a brilliant musician on and away from Hee Haw. I remember from childhood. One of the good ones who will be missed as he moves on to the next journey.
Beneath Wayne Manor