Big News for Burger Fans!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Re: Big News for Burger Fans!

Post by Keith Mayo »

Invariably, when I use the drive-thru there's a delay in getting my food. They always say, "Sorry about your wait!" as they hand the bag to me. I put on my old Drill Instructor voice and say, "ALRIGHT! FIRST YOU TAKE ALL DAY, AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING FAT JOKES?!?!?!?!?".

Some get it and laugh.
Some jump back from the window and call for the manager. :-)
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 am Invariably, when I use the drive=thru there's a delay in getting my food. They always say, "Sorry about your wait!" as they hand the bag to me. I put on my old Drill Instructor voice and say, "ALRIGHT! FIRST YOU TAKE ALL DAY, AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING FAT JOKES?!?!?!?!?".

Some get it and laugh.

That’s hilarious, I would be too shy to do that...but I wish I could!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Keith Mayo wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:04 am Invariably, when I use the drive=thru there's a delay in getting my food. They always say, "Sorry about your wait!" as they hand the bag to me. I put on my old Drill Instructor voice and say, "ALRIGHT! FIRST YOU TAKE ALL DAY, AND NOW YOU'RE MAKING FAT JOKES?!?!?!?!?".

Some get it and laugh.
Keith, that's hysterical and something I would have said too. It's too bad a lot of people don't get quick humor anymore. A few weeks ago I took a high-quality Batman watch of mine to a watch repair store in a mall I frequent for a new battery. The young lady working there was very nice and we struck up a conversation about Batman as she said she was a fan as well. At one point she said she liked studying pop culture. I asked what she thought of mom culture. She said she didn't know what that was. Whooshhhh! Right over her head. All I could think to myself was the line from the street gang character, Frog, in the excellent movie Colors with Robert Duvall - "I don't know, homes.... I don't know about this younger generation, you know?" :lol: In any event, she was a nice young lady and very knowledgeable about Batman.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Keith Mayo

Post by Keith Mayo »

"It's like tellin' joke to pigmies. Everything goes right over their head". - Danny O'Day
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11