Where is everyone?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

60s TV Fan

Where is everyone?

Post by 60s TV Fan » Sun Jan 13, 2013 5:34 pm

I've only been an occasional poster, but I've been a registered user for quite a while. I have very much enjoyed reading many posts during that time. Having said that, it seems to me that traffic is slowing a bit on this wonderfully enjoyable site. It seems to me that several familiar names never made the switch from the old site, or if they did, they don't seem to post nearly as much as they once did. It just makes me wonder what happened... are those old regulars communicating more on Facebook? (I've never made a page) Did several people somehow miss the news of the new site? Or is the whole thing being blown out of proportion in my imagination? I have very much enjoyed this site, appreciate the work that the administrators put into it, and am a life-long fan of the '66 Batman, so I hope 66batman.com is around for a long time to come!

Space Ghost

Re: Where is everyone?

Post by Space Ghost » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:01 pm

Glad to see your still with us 60'sTV Fan. I can't speak for the others, but I am still here. This is still the best place to be. I'm sure everything will come full circle again. Until then, To the Batpoles!
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:15 pm

Funny! I've noticed the same thing...things aren't bouncing on the board like they used to...and this is such a wonderful site! Yes, the moderators and especially Scott did an outstanding job, I would like to see this place used more too :)
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?

Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:32 pm

I'm still here! I've been busy dealing with the usual end of year stuff, i.e. waiting for DragonCon (which isn't until eight months from now!), helping out my mom (she's gonna be 82 on the 26th of this month! YIKES!!!), dealing with my dad (of whom the less is said about, the better.), my sister, (I'm a great auntie!!! And her son and daughter in law are having a baby in February!!! My mom says its a boy.)

I'm still paying rapt attention to the new stories that are in the other thread, keeping up with my drawing (badly, but it's my art and NO! you can't look at it! My scanner isn't working anyway.)

:lol:

NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan » Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:14 pm

I noticed the downturn in posts, too. Certainly, it wasn't too obvious when the new board started, but it has become more apparent in the last few months. I've been part of other boards that have seen downturns in participation. Maybe the merchandising blitz we're about to see could give people more to talk about. AHEM- A DVD release could really open the floodgates. :shock:

irishmiss

Post by irishmiss » Tue Jan 15, 2013 6:07 pm

I'm still here also.

Your Dynamic Duo Fanatic 4-Ever,

Kathy
irishmiss

Catfan

Post by Catfan » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Even before we made the switch to the new board, I think Facebook was taking away from the board. The September switchover, plus a couple of other things, also likely put a damper on the board. But if nothing else, we should start thinking of the 50th anniversary of the board.

There is already a group on Facebook, Batman Season 4, that is in preproduction right now in Boston. And then there is The Bob Show, that has been doing its part to keep the 1966 show alive. While a DVD release would keep the board hopping for a little while, it is my view that fan productions and more conventions would also stimulate interest in the board.

And speaking of Facebook, I suggest that this board perhaps make its presence known there as well, if so interested.

Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:04 pm

They're In The Air And Everywhere! Flying High! Flying Low! Flying Free As A Summer Breeze! Happy As A Summer Breeze! Sorry...wrong tv show

I meant, [BBvideo 425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSaDPc1Cs5U[/BBvideo]
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood

QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:06 pm

I am happy to be here and see many folks.. some of the older members I have yet to see.
my wife is my Batgirl

Waterratt

Post by Waterratt » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:00 pm

I'm still here, life has gotten busier this past year, so I don't spend a lot of time online, but I do have some Bat-projects in the works that I will post here once completed.

Jersey Jim

Post by Jersey Jim » Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:55 pm

I'm still around..I've been having some health problems lately and I haven't been in a "posting mood", but i do still check in on a regular basis.

Johnny Hamm

Post by Johnny Hamm » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Hope you are doing better Jim! I've been here off and on since late 2003...stopping by most days to check posts and keep up with everybody. I even chime in with a post or two myself every once in awhile but not near the quantity from ten years ago. ;)
aka...JL

Prince Adam

Post by Prince Adam » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:22 pm

I've never been much of a poster for a few reasons)

1) I'm nowhere near as knowledgeable as most on here
2) Generally can't add much more to some of the topics that I would post in as it's already been said
3) With 2 young children, I barely get time to take a a bath, let alone spend time on forums.

I think that trying to continually post topics/maintain interest in something that is almost 50 years old can at times get a little tiresome, as there is only so much to talk about.

I'm also a member of the 501st Legion UK Garrison, and after a few years, talking about Star Wars, costumes etc gets repetitive, and I lose my mojo for it. It always comes back, but happens from time to time.

What will help is the introduction of new Batman topics to talk about. Hopefully as more merchandise gets produced, and if a Blu-Ray release ever gets off the ground, it will spark a bit more interest.

But this place has always been kind to me, and people have always come to my rescue when needed.
I've done the same for other newster's who are putting costume together and have asked for help.
And I maintain that out of all the forums I frequent, this one is hands down the most friendly.

Here's to 2013 - The Original Dark Knight Rises!

RuxieCat121

Post by RuxieCat121 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:20 am

I haven't been able to spend as much time online as I used to, and haven't been able to go through this board often. I do try to keep up with posts on here when I can. No worries, I'm still here and don't plan on leaving. :)

~Heather

exm

Post by exm » Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:29 pm

I'm in the 'insanely busy life' category, so my posting is sporadic these days

I think one problem is the old message board - a person's odds are 50/50 of pulling up the defunct message board when they arrive at the site through an internet search. If they're not paying attention, they could look around there without really clueing in to the fact that the newer board is a click away.

I wouldn't have guessed Facebook posed direct competition to this board, but you do get slammed with a variety of wild stuff, with a heavy emphasis on images, on Facebook in comparison to a message board like this. But if you feel like discussing the costumes in episode 47, you're obviously not going to do it on Facebook