BAT 77 Episode #10 - Tales From The Turntable

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

BAT 77

BAT 77 Episode #10 - Tales From The Turntable

Post by BAT 77 »

This scene was not depicted on the audio story
This scene was not depicted on the audio story
Screen Shot 2019-02-11 at 10.41.54 PM.png (531.09 KiB) Viewed 1805 times
Batman and Robin are on the go as they pursue the Scarecrow and the Catwoman. We continue our look back at the Caped Crusaders’ audio adventures on Power Records with two adaptations of comic book stories originally published in the Golden Age. JB reviews “The Scarecrow’s Mirages” and “Challenge of the Catwoman”

SHOW LINK - bat77.libsyn.com/10-tales-from-the-turntable
BAT 77 - My '70s Batman Childhood
Subscribe to the Podcast at http://bat77.libsyn.com
Visit me on Facebook.com/bat77podcast
gothosmansion

Re: BAT 77 Episode #10 - Tales From The Turntable

Post by gothosmansion »

Hi JB,

I apologize that it took me so long to post. I wanted to go back through my Batman Archives and see if I could find what issue "The Challenge of the Catwoman" was from. Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to find the time, and it has been a long time since I read the archives.

The Golden Age story that I was immediately reminded of was "The Joker's Cross Country Crimes." As you pointed out, both of these stories were pretty much plotless chase scenes. I guess as much material as golden age writers had to churn out, those may have been go-to plots when they couldn't think of anything else.

I really do like the voice actress for Catwoman. She was very sultry.

I also like the distortion added to the Scarecrow's voice. It makes him sound appropriately eerie, and that is still the voice I hear in my head when I read a Scarecrow comic. This was probably my introduction to the Scarecrow character.

A couple of personal stories: The distortion to Scarecrow's voice did make it hard to understand him on a few words. When he referred to one of his henchmen as "You fool" I thought he said "Mill-fool" and that was someone's actual names. I believe at five I even named one of my toys "mill-fool."

Also, I discovered this album in a local discount store. My father, who always disapproved of my comic collecting and love for super heroes, refused to buy it. Fortunately, my mother's father was also with us, and he told me that he would buy the record for me. I was five when this happened but I still remember it.