Trouble Assembling a Mego Star Trek the Motion Picture Bridge Playset!

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

vintagematt

Trouble Assembling a Mego Star Trek the Motion Picture Bridge Playset!

Post by vintagematt »

I recently found an original Mego 1979 bridge playset at my local antique mall. It was in its original box, and all the parts were present and are in mint condition and still sealed in a plastic bag. This means that I have to assemble the playset. And according to the instructions, the chairs are supposed to be attached to the base with tiny squares of double sided tape, which were still present in my playset. Now, I am a bit skeptical, since this is nearly 45 years old. Because of its age, I'm assuming the tape won't work. Do you guys have any other suggestions? Thanks! :D

-THE BATPHONE!
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
John Mack

Re: Trouble Assembling a Mego Star Trek the Motion Picture Bridge Playset!

Post by John Mack »

I'd leave it mint in box. That being said, if you want to assemble it, I'd use little swatches of velcro so the chairs could be easily removed. Good luck. Cool find!
Music. BAT! Music.
dell

Post by dell »

I just bought some double sided cellophane tape. I think it was Scotch brand tape. It was only $3.

You might want to do a quick internet search to see if the item has any value. Look on eBay. If it has value consider selling it. Personally, I would assemble it unless it has a ridiculous resale value.
dell
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

Thanks for all the responses! I would have left it mint in the box, except nothing was sealed, and I couldn't resist! I eventually got the courage to try some of the original tape, and it seems to be working fine for now, although it isn't the strongest. Eventually I may need to replace it if it doesent stick anymore. The plastic is so brittle so I was very careful assembling it, and nothing broke. I'm really amazed, since this particular antique mall usually seems to know the value of vintage toys, and never really has good deals! Boy do I feel like a little kid again! :D
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Blue Meanie

Post by Blue Meanie »

Congrats on a great find and enjoy!