RIP, Carol Lynley.

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Kite Kid

RIP, Carol Lynley.

Post by Kite Kid »

Actress Carol Lynley, best known for playing the ship's singer in The Poseidon Adventure and for her role in Under the Yum Yum Tree, has died at age 77. In 1980 and 1984, she played Adam West's wife in two completely separate episodes of "Fantasy Island." I've always thought she would have been a great choice for Vicki Vale '66 if the character had appeared on "Batman."

I've also read that if the producers of To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Julie Newmar hadn't been able to secure the rights to use Julie's name, the alternate plan was to title the film To Wong Foo Thanks for Everything, Carol Lynley.

AndyFish

Re: RIP, Carol Lynley.

Post by AndyFish »

She was also Kolchak's only girlfriend in the filmed run of the character, appearing in the first TV Movie.
Unfortunately all of these stars popular among many here are at the age where an RIP is bound to be posted. Scott and Ben maybe we should create an In Memory Of section so that we can keep them all in one place?
Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost »

I remember her. Sad to see her go, Rip
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood
Aussie Batfan

Post by Aussie Batfan »

Sad news. I thought she was so adorable in The Poseidon Adventure. Didn't even bother me when I discovered she was lip-synching to 'The Morning After' ….
Terry