Scooby Doo Anniversary

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Scooby Doo Anniversary

Post by Keith Mayo »

Hard to believe Scooby Doo is 50 years old.
Attachments
IMG_20190913_151856_338.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
Yellow Oval

Re: Scooby Doo Anniversary

Post by Yellow Oval »

It is hard to believe. I was a huge fan of the old Scooby Doo series and was watching from Saturday 1 back in September of '69. It's horror aspects seemed to go well in conjunction with watching Sir Graves Ghastley's horror movies later in the afternoon back on classic Detroit TV (I was too young and too tired to watch the other horror host - The Ghoul - at 10 pm). Dark Shadows filled in Monday to Friday for my other required doses of horror. I also really liked the second version of Scooby called The Scooby Doo Movies with all the celebrity guests each week. I recall how excited my friends and I were when we saw in TV Guide that Batman and Robin were to be on. It was the first new Batman action on TV since both Adam's show and the '68 Filmation series. Unfortunately, Scooby lost me with such later tripe as Scrappy Doo, Scooby Dum, the Laff-A-Lympics, and almost everything done since then.

One thing I really liked with the Scooby/Batman team-up was the new Batmobile that carried on into the Super Friends TV series and the late '70s to mid-'80s Batman comics. I felt it surpassed Filmation's real basic run-of-the-mill version.
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"