Batman (1989) S.H.Figuarts Batman BY BANDAI SPIRITS

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

zarm106

Batman (1989) S.H.Figuarts Batman BY BANDAI SPIRITS

Post by zarm106 »

Product Description

From the classic 1989 Batman film, the Dark Knight gets the S.H.Figuarts treatment. Standing about 6 inches tall, Batman boast a wide range of mobility and is loaded with all his gadgets.

Now available for preorder from Big Bad Toy Store: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/ ... ils/122743
Attachments
s h figuarts batman.jpg
Ben Bentley

Re: Batman (1989) S.H.Figuarts Batman BY BANDAI SPIRITS

Post by Ben Bentley »

Do we know if they've secured the '66 license? This is a line whose treatment I would love to see Adam and Burt given.
zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

Just my two cents....

So far SH Figurarts is currently focusing on comic book and more recent movie lines in regards to their figures.

I think that Mezco would be the company to show more interest in the 66 license since they have already produced and sold Classic Star Trek figures. They have recently announced a Dr. Zaius figure from the 68 Planet of the Apes movie as well. They have also already released a 60's version of Space Ghost in One:12 collective format which sold out as well.

Since they have announced 66 Batman in their 5 points line, it is possible (dependent on sales in this format) to try a one:12 collective version down the road. Recently their One:12 collective Batman 89 version sold out on the same day that it was announced so that shows promise for the 66 line. Time will tell.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

zarm106 wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:40 am Just my two cents....

So far SH Figurarts is currently focusing on comic book and more recent movie lines in regards to their figures.

I think that Mezco would be the company to show more interest in the 66 license since they have already produced and sold Classic Star Trek figures. They have recently announced a Dr. Zaius figure from the 68 Planet of the Apes movie as well. They have also already released a 60's version of Space Ghost in One:12 collective format which sold out as well.

Since they have announced 66 Batman in their 5 points line, it is possible (dependent on sales in this format) to try a one:12 collective version down the road. Recently their One:12 collective Batman 89 version sold out on the same day that it was announced so that shows promise for the 66 line. Time will tell.
I'm a TOS Trek fan but not an active collector of Trek stuff by any means, so I had to do a search and I must say, I dig what Mezco have done with the 1:12 range, I would love to see the '66 license get given this treatment. Even just a single wave with Batman, Robin and Batgirl would be awesome in this scale.

zarm106

Post by zarm106 »

This is an example of Mezco's Space Ghost, the upcoming Dr. Zaius and 89 Batman in terms of production quality.
Attachments
spaceghostot1.jpg
8352.Jpg
8076.Jpg
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I missed out on the Mezco Trek figures, so if they get the license for the '66 show, I'll make sure not to make the same mistake.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"