Batman Meets Dr Death

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

AndyFish

Batman Meets Dr Death

Post by AndyFish »

I've started a new project while I'm waiting for paying work to start up again, I don't know how far along I'm going to get-- but I'm also going to take an in-depth look at this first Batman Supervillain in the comics from 1939-- give it a look and see if you're in.

BATMAN MEETS DOCTOR DEATH
Lounge lizard

Re: Batman Meets Dr Death

Post by Lounge lizard »

Deathinitely in ;)
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

So cool! Hope you don't get paid work for a long time! (Joking) Love how Batmans belt looks.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

This is great! I'm such a fan of the oddball-yet-scary Dr Death. This was an interesting period for Batman, teetering between what he could have been and what he became. One foot in the pulps and the other in the Sunday funnies. From what I've seen of your work, that's a vibe you're into, yourself, albeit with your own unique spin. Looking forward to more.

Last year, artist Brendan Tobin was working on a really delightful re-imagining of Batman's first encounter with Dr Death. He only did three pages as far as I know, and I don't know if he'll ever get around to the rest, but I sure hope so.

Here's the rest, so far:

Page 2

Page 3

C'mon, Brendan, give us page 4!
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Oh man, that’s great!!
I’m incorporating some of the unintentional humor too, after all Dr Death reaches out to Batman via the personal ads. Wow, I hope he does more.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Sweet, looking forward to this
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe