Are You a GI JOE Adventure Team Fan?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jim Beard

Are You a GI JOE Adventure Team Fan?

Post by Jim Beard »

You may be interested in my new book... Classic AT fans please take note :)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DSTHT3F

Jim!
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Jim Beard

Re: Are You a GI JOE Adventure Team Fan?

Post by Jim Beard »

I'm very excited to announce the book will be an audiobook from Oasis Audio sometime early next year!

Jim
My Fiction and Non-Fiction Books: www.amazon.com/Jim-Beard/e/B004UWVOPE
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I know that this is an old thread, but I just saw it and I have to say that I'm an Adventure Team fan and a member of several "Joe" sites. My favorite AT Joes are the Astronaut Joes. I have the Space Walk setand working on a true scale Mercury capsule and gradually building up as I can afford it, the bubble helmeted-Jet pack set.
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

I like that! The Adventure Team came with little comic books if I remember correctly but they weren’t complete stories. Not sure I’m remembering this right. Sea Adventurer might’ve had something included with his wetsuit kit.

Man, those were good times and good toys! The figures were like something that leapt out of a comic book page - well, they were to me when I was 8 or 9, anyway….
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

JimmyVale wrote: Tue Feb 15, 2022 6:49 pm I like that! The Adventure Team came with little comic books if I remember correctly but they weren’t complete stories. Not sure I’m remembering this right. Sea Adventurer might’ve had something included with his wetsuit kit.

Man, those were good times and good toys! The figures were like something that leapt out of a comic book page - well, they were to me when I was 8 or 9, anyway….
Online versions of comics can be found here:
http://gijoe.ebcutler.com/comics/

The scuba one is here:
http://gijoe.ebcutler.com/comics/dangerdepths/index.htm
cover-s.jpg
cover-s.jpg (30.47 KiB) Viewed 2467 times
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Had almost all of them-- the comics weren't complete stories because you were supposed to use them as a lead up to your own adventure with the set.
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

AndyFish wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 8:21 am Had almost all of them-- the comics weren't complete stories because you were supposed to use them as a lead up to your own adventure with the set.
Oh yes, absolutely! I grew up in a house on the water so Sea Adventurer and I immediately went swimming and had some adventures together. You always had to be careful with Joe because he would sink like a rock to the bottom if you didn’t secure him! Kite string around his waist tied to something was good.

My poor Joes went on horrifying ‘adventures’ - sinking to the bottom of a dark muddy bayou, being lowered via string from the treehouse (sometimes being dropped from the treehouse), camping outside in GI Joe-sized mud ‘forts’ I made for him. Ha ha! Yeah, my Joes got into stuff that went way beyond what was depicted in those comic books!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

That's what was so great about Joe, you could just bandage up a missing arm or leg and just send him back for his next mission. They were built to last. Now Johnny West-- you couldn't destroy those figures with a bottle rocket.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AndyFish wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:15 pm That's what was so great about Joe, you could just bandage up a missing arm or leg and just send him back for his next mission. They were built to last. Now Johnny West-- you couldn't destroy those figures with a bottle rocket.
Mom and Dad couldn't afford a G.I. Joe, (or so they said at the time) so they got me Marx "Stoney Burke, the Paratrooper". Andy IS right: Mark figures WERE darned near indestructible! I still have mine and some of the equipment.
I did eventually get a G.I.Joe and had to save my allowance to get it. I had a lot of fun putting him into his Scramble Pilot suit, pack his cloth Parchute pack with a homemade parachute and throwing him up and watching him land. I also had his rescue raft and many times on vacation to Lake of the Ozarks, pretend that He had parachuted down into the lake and had to inflate the raft so He would survive.
Larry