Riddle Me This: Why Is Wally Telling Me Where to Go?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Jim Akin

Riddle Me This: Why Is Wally Telling Me Where to Go?

Post by Jim Akin »

I use the Waze smartphone app all the time in my car to get directions and avoid traffic backups. When I fired it up Monday, it had a new option, to travel with Batman. This allows you to customize the look of your navigation screen (so the Batmobile or the Riddler's ride appears on the scrolling map instead of a boring arrow icon), and it also allows you to get turn-by-turn directions and traffic alerts in the voice of Batman or the Riddler.

I tried Batman first (the voice is that of Kevin Conroy, of animated Batman fame). Then, yesterday I switched to the Riddler, whose familiar voice took me a while to place. It's board member Wally Wingert, with advice on how to "avoid Batman" at every turn.

It's a fun feature that'll only be available through September (Batman month), so check it out while you can!
floatinjoe

Re: Riddle Me This: Why Is Wally Telling Me Where to Go?

Post by floatinjoe »

Thanks for the heads up. I just went in and switched over to the Riddler.
svl

Post by svl »

It's actually available until Halloween Day. :)
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

svl wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:36 pm It's actually available until Halloween Day. :)
Thanks for setting me straight.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

SO glad you're having fun with that! We recorded the sessions for it about a month ago and I've had to keep it secret all this time. WHAT A BLAST!
floatinjoe

Post by floatinjoe »

Wally, I was actually surprised when I installed it. I thought for sure that it would be the Riddler you did for Return of the Caped Crusaders. Any reason for this version instead?