superman the lost musical (batman style)

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

superman the lost musical (batman style)

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

HERE is the Superman musical from the 70s ..I recorded it with my tape recorder (like I did the batman episodes) ...I would listen to it every once in a while (still great music) ..but the look of the production faded from my memory
..now that I see it again , I realize ...I could have drawn those sets
Kamdan

Re: superman the lost musical (batman style)

Post by Kamdan »

FLOYDLEWIS wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:04 pm ..but the look of the production faded from my memory
..now that I see it again , I realize ...I could have drawn those sets
Really? Could have used you when I was in a local production of this musical where they managed to make this look much worse.
dell

Post by dell »

Wow, that makes Electra Woman and Dyna Girl look like Shakespeare.
dell
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I know this is probably a dead thread, but I remember when I was in my callow Youth, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch and the then late lamented, imho, Globe Democrat published what the Muny Opera (A still SUPER NEAT outdoor venue) was, for their final (usually oriented towards children's musical), "It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's SUPERMAN" starring Bob Holiday as Superman. My Grandma Mager always had season tickets and I got to spend the night before and after so I could go with Her. For a kid, it was a great musical! Grandma had me write a fan letter to Mr. Holiday and include the b/w photo from the newspaper with a SASE, ((something I still do. It gives them a reason to send You an autograph picture She sent it off to the Muny and the day after I got home (Monday) I had an 8" x10" envelope in the mail. Mr. Holiday had not only signed my b/w clipping but wrote me a short note thanking me for writing the letter and sending the clipping. What was even "neater" as we said back then was the *' x 10" b/w photo of Him as Superman. It may have been silly, but to see Superman actually "fly across the stage was SOOO cool to me back then. I still have a soft spot in my heart for the title track of the musical.
Larry