Sean Connery: James Bond is gone

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

Sean Connery: James Bond is gone

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

Sean Connery: James Bond actor passes away at aged 90 ..in the 1960s there were the three Bs Bond , Beatles and Batman .. we will miss them all ..Jason Connery said his father "had many of his family, who could be in the Bahamas, around him" when he died overnight in Nassau. Much of the Bond film Thunderball had been filmed there
Lou Szabo

Re: Sean Connery: James Bond is gone

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just got back into Bond this summer, reading the original novels or listening to the books on tape.
Then I bought the blu Ray series. He defines the role. Even while auditioning for the role, the producers wives said he had “IT”.

Really, in every role he stands out. Rest In Peace Sir Double O
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Re: Sean Connery: James Bond is gone

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just watched the first Bond 4 movies with Connery. He plays a harder edged Bond than the books portray, but the charm and wit still come through in his acting style. He was just 32 in the first film, but really seems to age through those four films. It may be the toupé, or smoking a ton of cigarettes that aged him, but I really believe He really made that series a success. He even won Ian Fleming over, who wrote the Scottish Bond backstory in his honor.Image

There’s a great story on 13th Dimension about a chance meeting with Connery, and his down to earth nature. He and Roger Moore can discuss the next Bond over tea and crumpets, and who played it better.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!