Not going anywhere at the moment

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Not going anywhere at the moment

Post by dell »

A guy and his wife got stuck when they slid off the gravel road that is the only access for the 11 houses/lots where we live. It was just past our property. When we realized that they were stuck we walked down and made sure that they were OK. Then we walked over to the neighbor that had a tractor to see if they would help pull them out. We rang the doorbell and their yappy little dog went nuts. I heard her say something to the dog after we rang the doorbell, but she never answered the door. So we walked over to the next neighbor. He has a smaller tractor and we made several attempts to pull the guy out, but he kept sliding further off the road. He finally called AAA.

An hour or so later a tow truck drove by. A few minutes later the tow truck drives back, but in reverse... and I never see him go back. Hmmm... A few minutes later I look out the front door and the tow truck is in our driveway. Ten minutes later he is still there. I walk down there and he tells me he is waiting for his boss to come and pull him out. His front tires slid off the far side of the road and he is stuck. Not only is he stuck, he is blocking the road as his rear end is in our driveway. So the tow truck needs a tow truck.

I took some water, grapes, cookies and chips down the people who are stuck.

dell
rsaffle

Re: Not going anywhere at the moment

Post by rsaffle »

What state do you live in Dell? I live in Texas and never get snow like that. I always thought I would enjoy it but I haven't experienced it in this way.
Good job taking care of the neighbors.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
dell

Post by dell »

I live in Ohio. This is our first significant snow in two years.
dell
Batman65

Post by Batman65 »

Typical for us here in Wisconsin. Sometimes, winter just plain sucks.