1989 Batman Batarang released NECA

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

1989 Batman Batarang released NECA

Post by Lou Szabo »

NECA Batman (1989) - Prop Replica - Batarang
Own one of the Dark Knight's most iconic tools in serving justice across Gotham City. The Batarang measures 13" long with articulated hinges and magnets, allowing it to open and close. Also included is a display base for exhibiting in your own personal Bat Cave.

https://amoktime.com/neca-batman-1989-p ... 5867b1ede3
Under $20

Great addition to the rebirth of Batman in 1989.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Ben Bentley

Re: 1989 Batman Batarang released NECA

Post by Ben Bentley »

There really does seem to be renaissance of sorts for the '89 franchise going, great news for that fandom!
Meule

Post by Meule »

Here's mine, a screen used Batarang from the short movie Batman Dead End. For the throwing scenes they used a replica Keaton Batarang, hench all the scratches
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (1).jpg
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I love Dead End. The Black and Gray outfit (non armor) is right out of an Alex Ross painting.
Meule

Post by Meule »

Now that you've mentioned it... Here's it is, also screen used, with replica cowl and belt (and Batarang in his hand).
I also have an original belt buckle, but haven't attached it to the belt yet
Attachments
unnamed.jpg
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Is that cowl referred to as the Panther cowl? Nice outfit!
Meule

Post by Meule »

To be honest, I've heard that term 'Panther cowl' before, but I have no idea what it means :?:
One day I'd like to finish the suit, but finding replica boots, gloves and a cape has proven to be difficult
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

https://www.yourprops.com/Pulled-from-t ... 76027.html

There’s a Mego 9” figure too.

Good luck with the cape, boots and gloves. I believe a military/police supply place might have good starter boots.

Meule

Post by Meule »

I know they used NEW ROCK boots, just haven't found the correct one just yet
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I remember trying to track down the Keaton boots back in the day. With time it gets harder to find, especially in your size. Good luck with the quest. The search is often the best part of the collecting. I remember putting my 66 costume together. I never expected to be in Hollywood at Duran shoes.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

I believe Kilmer's first suit was the "Panther", and then Clooney wore a version of it.
production referred to it as the Panther suit to separate it from the "Sonar" suit he wears at the end.
I still have a full rubber "Sonar" suit, except for the mask, that I got back in 95.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 pm I believe Kilmer's first suit was the "Panther", and then Clooney wore a version of it.
production referred to it as the Panther suit to separate it from the "Sonar" suit he wears at the end.
I still have a full rubber "Sonar" suit, except for the mask, that I got back in 95.
Of all the black rubber duds (none of which set my world on fire), Kilmer's Panther suit was my personal fave.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Thank you Jimmy and Ben for clearing up that mystery. I had the Keaton suit back in the day when I was about 170#
Scared the bat guano out of my 4 year old nephew at his birthday party. After I took off the cowl, he still would not go near it.
The 1966 is a much friendlier look.
Jimmy L. 66

Post by Jimmy L. 66 »

Ben Bentley wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:38 am
Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:19 pm I believe Kilmer's first suit was the "Panther", and then Clooney wore a version of it.
Of all the black rubber duds (none of which set my world on fire), Kilmer's Panther suit was my personal fave.
Big Screen SUITS- for me:
1- West (Of course)
2- Kilmer's panther. totally greed with Ben, so now I have to make a list.
3. Keaton, Batman Returns. so much cleaner than the original.
4. Affleck in BVS.
5- Keaton's original. started the whole rubber suit with body armor thing, and I think the first time we see an all black suit.
6- Affleck's Tactical updates ruined everything I liked about his original.
7- Cloney's Blue Panther.
8- Kilmer's Sonar suit. Awful, but I was so proud to wear it. Not much was around for purchase in the way of full rubber suits back then.
9- Clooney's Sonar suit is just sh*te. the less said the better.
10- Affleck's Armor. i think it looks really cool and straight outta DKR, but too heavy and non- functional.

What do you guys think? Did I miss any? Smash that like button, and don't forget to subscribe!!!
Bat Mitch

Post by Bat Mitch »

Jimmy L. 66 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:25 pm
Big Screen SUITS- for me:
1- West (Of course)
2- Kilmer's panther. totally greed with Ben, so now I have to make a list.
3. Keaton, Batman Returns. so much cleaner than the original.
4. Affleck in BVS.
5- Keaton's original. started the whole rubber suit with body armor thing, and I think the first time we see an all black suit.
6- Affleck's Tactical updates ruined everything I liked about his original.
7- Cloney's Blue Panther.
8- Kilmer's Sonar suit. Awful, but I was so proud to wear it. Not much was around for purchase in the way of full rubber suits back then.
9- Clooney's Sonar suit is just sh*te. the less said the better.
10- Affleck's Armor. i think it looks really cool and straight outta DKR, but too heavy and non- functional.

What do you guys think? Did I miss any? Smash that like button, and don't forget to subscribe!!!
Did you forget to include the Christian Bale Bat-suits in your rankings?