Hot Wheels $500 RC Batman 2022 car

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

Hot Wheels $500 RC Batman 2022 car

Post by rsaffle »

THE BATMAN IS BACK
The Batman is back, and he’s grittier, darker, and more raw than we’ve seen in generations. Our Hot Wheels R/C design team happens to be full of Batman fans who are very excited about the mean muscle car energy emanating from every inch of this new iteration of the iconic Batmobile. Ripped right out of the upcoming movie, this R/C beast is less toy and more detailed movie prop

https://creations.mattel.com/pages/mc-d ... -batmobile
Attachments
MC_DropPage_HCD18_Imageset_03_M_HW_Batmobile.jpg
Screenshot_20211019-162638_Chrome.jpg
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Larry A.

Re: Hot Wheels $500 RC Batman 2022 car

Post by Larry A. »

I'm "meh" about this latest version.
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It looks like the car Andrew Vachss describes in his Burke novels, which by his own admission were done as 'real life' Batman stories.

Larry, if you look at this as his 1939 roadster, built primarily on a normal car but with some power to it, it's a little easier to see the choice. Me personally I don't think anything ever tops the Barris car, but that was a totally different version of Batman. I WISH we stayed in the Season 1 universe of the character for the modern movies, something with amazing color and design and style but with just a touch of humor and a Batman who was in on the gags and not so angry.

But those are not the cards that were dealt, so more rubber, more Brits faking American accents (no offense Ben, I don't think an American should play Bond either), more anger. I'm hearing this is going to more of a detective movie, but then every picture released seems to go the exact opposite way. I like Jeffrey Wright and short of JK Simmons as Commissioner Gordon (and the irony there is I haven't seen Simmons as Gordon but I like him so much I think he's great in everything) I'm glad to have him in the cast. Wright was the best part of the Craig Bond films.

So maybe this one surprises us old cronies, Larry. Maybe this one is the rubber suit one we finally get behind, but the last thing I want to do is let my negative feelings on all the modern Batmen rain on the parades of those boardies who are fans of it. There's enough versions of Batman around for all of us.

PS- And why do all these British actors think they can pull off an American accent? It's never worked for me and I seldom even know who the person is before hand. Big secret here, we can tell. The same way American actors think they can do a Liverpool accent.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hi Andy,
I have to agree in totality with You, on all points. I took "Stage Accents" in college and the only one that I could do was an upper-class British accent. Not that I've ever used it. While it may not be my "cuppa tea", I'm willing to give it a chance. I hope that Pattison DOES do an acceptable to most people, Andy. Who knows, it might bring people back to the 66 version!
I keep going back to the saying that each generation re-invents the previous ones heroes. I truly wish them luck.
I'm like You Andy, I wish that things would have stayed in the 1st season of Batman 66 with the exception of having a Batgirl that didn't need saving almost every episode. And DIDN'T wear that fuschia/purple outfit! (LOL) Unfortunately, the 60's WERE a time of brilliant colors and optimism as opposed to the 80s, 90s and up to date. And Batman 66 WAS a child of that time...just like I was.

Cheers, Andy and Mrs. Fish!
Larry