The Batman main title music online

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rsaffle

The Batman main title music online

Post by rsaffle »

“The Batman” is slated to open in cinemas on March 4th, check out the just-released main theme music for the movie below:

*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Re: The Batman main title music online

Post by AndyFish »

Hard to get excited for this, it looks bleak and long-- and clocking in at 2hrs 55mins it IS long. They don't make movies about heroes anymore, and I don't expect this one to be any different. Music matches the bleak and long theme.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

AndyFish wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 7:51 am Hard to get excited for this, it looks bleak and long-- and clocking in at 2hrs 55mins it IS long. They don't make movies about heroes anymore, and I don't expect this one to be any different. Music matches the bleak and long theme.
I can picture that too. I find stuff I like in all of them and things I dont. That bleakness has been hanging over all of DC's movies even drowning characters like Superman within it. I love the idea of showing Batman as a Detective but looks like they put it inside a goth version of the movie "Seven".
With that said I am interested in seeing what this director presents, I loved his Planet of the Apes version.

For me and I'm sure many longtime Batman fans it was never the cold, revenge, bleak darkness that we love about these characters. Hollywood today is not finding any difference in our "heros" from the villians as they make movies with Venom, Black Adam and Joker as the stars.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
mwilbury

Post by mwilbury »

The Batman looks like it may be very entertaining and stylish, and this piece of music is a good fit, but I also echo the aforementioned critiques.

The cynical superhero deconstructions were clever and valuable... forty years ago. It's not often that anyone breaks new ground in that field, and I'm not convinced mainstream cinema is the place to rehash its themes.

I've got two specific and major hang-ups with The Batman:

1. I can't take my son to see the film. He's a wide-eyed six-year-old, and he loves Batman more than any other character in the world. I could be describing any recent Batman film save for Lego Batman, but he was an infant when that came out.

2. Recasting the Riddler as the Zodiac killer. It makes sense from a storytelling perspective (as long as you're tossing out Riddler's classic personality), but I hate what this represents for the surviving families of the murder victims. The imagery is very specific (and unimaginative in terms of costume design) and it's going to be seen all over the place on TV and in retail stores. It's even possible the murderer is still alive and taking pleasure in this kind of attention.

That second point gives me pause about even paying for a ticket for myself, along with the running time... at my age, I'll have to start cutting down on liquids in February. It's the same length as The Godfather!
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

I can’t get past the little vampire guy from Twilight being Batman. To boot - he didn’t train for the role and got in trouble with the director for not working out. Seriously?

This was the plot I wanted Christopher Nolan to make as a follow up to The Dark Knight. A loose serial killer and a sense of urgency for Batman to apprehend/stop him. They went off in a totally different direction as you know but are now back to what I wanted them to do 10 years ago.

Who knows…maybe it will be enjoyable or inspiring. I enjoyed BvS and did not think I would. I’ll definitely give it a chance.