Lewis Wilson

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Keith Mayo

Lewis Wilson

Post by Keith Mayo »

102 years ago today the first live action Batman was born. Remembering Lewis Wilson.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220128-095628_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220128-095628_Chrome.jpg (42.06 KiB) Viewed 6046 times
FB_IMG_1643385271563.jpg
"It's the very essence of our democracy". - Batman, S1 Ep 11
AndyFish

Re: Lewis Wilson

Post by AndyFish »

And as promised and in honor of his birthday the new revised HARDCOVER edition of the BATMAN SERIAL PRESSBOOK is now available. I tried to keep the costs as low as possible, but it now clocks in at 120 pages with a newly remastered full Chapter One of the original Screenplay so you can see all of the differences, as well as 20+ new pages of photos and articles. I had to cut the intended inclusion of Chapter Two of the Screenplay to keep the price down, but I may do a deluxe color version at another time.

BATMAN PRESSBOOK.jpg
ORDER IT HERE
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Hot-Diggity Dog, Andy!!! I'll be ordering it around the 1st or second of February!!!!!! I look forward to the color version when ever You get around to putting it together.
Larry
Larry A.

Happy Birthday, Lew Wilson

Post by Larry A. »

I know Mr. Wilson is no longer with us, but as the 1st of the on-screen Batmen, (and my favorite along with Adam West), I have to say; Wherever You are Mr. Wilson, Happy Birthday and Thank You for portraying our hero on the screen!!!!!!!!!!

***Admin Note: I have merged this into the existing thread Birthday thread that you had already replied to. BB. ***
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

The man was only 23 when he portrayed Batman on the big screen. I’d never have thought that because he sure acted like a full grown man in the serial, sternly telling Alfred and Linda what to do, commanding Robin around, interrogating the thugs with authority, etc.

I also don’t think he was really acting. I noticed a lot of people from that WWII generation were no nonsense, straight to the point, no BS people.

He played the part well.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Jimmyvale, the WW2 generation might well have been the last of the "Once one hit 16 or so, they were expected to act like adults", unlike today where it seems people have to be almost 40 or 50 before they start behaving as adults.
Larry
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Larry A. wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:55 pm Jimmyvale, the WW2 generation might well have been the last of the "Once one hit 16 or so, they were expected to act like adults", unlike today where it seems people have to be almost 40 or 50 before they start behaving as adults.
I'll buy that! 8-)
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Yellow Oval wrote: Tue Feb 01, 2022 11:59 am
Larry A. wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 1:55 pm Jimmyvale, the WW2 generation might well have been the last of the "Once one hit 16 or so, they were expected to act like adults", unlike today where it seems people have to be almost 40 or 50 before they start behaving as adults.
I'll buy that! 8-)
Thumbs up, my Friend!
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

63, and still waiting to act like and adult!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Lou, I wasn't thinking of You or I... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
JimmyVale

Post by JimmyVale »

For clarification - my dad (a WWII vet) and Lewis Wilson were a lot alike. Me? I’m 57 and definitely not grown up!
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

JimmyVale, I may grow old, but I'll NEVER grow up! :lol: :lol: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

AndyFish wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 12:13 pm And as promised and in honor of his birthday the new revised HARDCOVER edition of the BATMAN SERIAL PRESSBOOK is now available. I tried to keep the costs as low as possible, but it now clocks in at 120 pages with a newly remastered full Chapter One of the original Screenplay so you can see all of the differences, as well as 20+ new pages of photos and articles. I had to cut the intended inclusion of Chapter Two of the Screenplay to keep the price down, but I may do a deluxe color version at another time.

BATMAN PRESSBOOK.jpg [url=https://www. ... ER IT HERE
Notice from LuLu - shipping today!
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Drew Knight

Post by Drew Knight »

Andy,
Had my wife go to Lulu to check out the HC expanded version of your pressbook, but only saw the paper back 30 plus page version, which i obviously have. Can you send me more info on this expanded version.
Thanks
Drew Knight
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

The link is there in my original post above, Drew. Don't wait too long because I'm taking it out of print May 15th.