My wife suddenly exclaims, “Wow, what a great rack!”

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

My wife suddenly exclaims, “Wow, what a great rack!”

Post by dell »

My wife is looking out the window when she suddenly exclaims, “Wow, what a great rack! I want those!”

Being the supportive husband that I am I wander over to the window and look out. She was understating the view, it wasn’t a great rack, it was magnificent! The light was fading fast, but those antlers were practically glowing in the little light that was left. He was at least 100 feet away in the prairie behind our house, and there were several other bucks out there too. I grabbed binoculars, but the big guy wouldn’t hold still long enough for me to get an accurate count in the poor light. We agreed he was at least an 8 point, but maybe a 10 point; and they were big antlers.

My wife collects deer sheds and she found a nice pair of smaller antlers several years ago. I know she would love to get these. I think if she could have run out there and ripped those antlers off this guy she would have. I can picture her grabbing them and the buck staring in disbelief as she tells him, “Mating season is over; you don’t need these anymore! You’re just hanging out with the guys now; not a doe in sight! Give them to me and I’ll take good care of them! They’re just gonna fall off anyway! Quit being greedy and let me have them!”
dell