Spider-Man 1967 custom Mego

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Re: Spider-Man 1967 custom Mego

Post by Lou Szabo »

Manx version

Big Jim Dune Devil

Big Jim Boat and Buggy (already blue, but missing roll bar and windshield)

What do you think? The lines look like Big Jim’s Dune Devil

Paint scheme

Also, Disney released their version
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just got in from a business trip and some goodies were waiting

568B969F-761A-4B5B-94B5-9FB3849CB8B4.jpeg
3AFFB910-81E7-4724-87C5-63570BE63DE0.jpeg
684BFFC1-2B27-487E-ABF0-BDA0A76BD4DC.jpeg
So it looks like the new S bodies are NOT compatible with the hands and head. No worries, Iused the Peter Parker to swap hands. The new suit from Dan is a bit brighter, but what a great fit

Next steps, draw webbing on the red hands and paint the head, web it, and mount it.

While I was working on this I had an idea for fixed hair for my Molly project. If I knew how to make a mold, I could make a rubbery/soft hair piece to put on the head. Another option is to sculpt in onto the head itself. Both would be new skills for me. Maybe the sculpt becomes the mold.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I got an ultra-fine sharpie pen and filled in the webbing on the hands and fingers.

HANDS DOWN
HANDS DOWN

Probably use the same pen on the head soon. Got my Peter Parker Box too!
SHARPIE MARKER
SHARPIE MARKER
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

It looks like there is some news in the world of Mego, both the official company and the custom maker WGSH-- for the 50th Anniversary Mego is re-releasing the original four figures from 1972-- Removable Cowl Batman, Removable mask Robin, Superman and Aquaman. They are basing them on original figures and attempting to make them as close to those as possible.

Meanwhile (Desmond Doomsday voice) WGSH has a bunch of finished figures COMING SOON on their website page including TV Spider-Man, Dick Tracy and a bunch more.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Finally! the removable cowl Batman!!!!!!! I've been wanting one for Years!!!!!!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

I try to keep up on the Mego company and I haven't seen anything about the Removable cowl Batman. Any word on when it's coming out, Andy? I've heard a rumor that they will be rereleasing Yvonne Batgirl soon as well.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Got my suit and applied it to the figure
E62F4A67-2998-4639-9EE5-B30A42317742.jpeg
53D64DB4-7AF1-4B8E-B748-7D18F955B8F5.jpeg
A minor touch up on the hair and it’s done!

Still need to paint the Spidey-head
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

By the way, this is WGSH release of the same. They have a proper yellow V-Neck vest and went with black shoes, versus my brown shoe choice and crew neck yellow sweater.
Parker 67
Parker 67
New update
D0F66068-9410-4A8C-9D75-66C75B60FE9D.jpeg
Also it will have Brown shoes
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

From the show:
crew neck

v-neck
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

And brown shoes - some screen caps
Parker in office.png
Parker on ice.jpg
Parker Smythe 2.jpg
Now that's a memory - Parker had Euro fashion in the 60's - Blue suit and Brown shoes
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Hey Larry-
You can see the official listing over here with pics of the London Prototypes;

Mego MUSEUM

Several years ago Figures Toy Company did a version which is still readily available, the complaint has been that Bruce Wayne's head was a bit on the small side. They also did the larger 12" version of it. I have the 8" version and it hits all the marks for me. The cowl fits better on a different head, I have one as originally released and another with Captain Kirk under the cowl. The removable cowl Batman is second only to the Captain Action Batman for me, and it's a close second. I remember little Andy stumbling on that in a department store toy section in 1972 and my mom getting me all four of the original release (Batman, Superman, Aquaman and Robin).

There is no word on release, but I'd say sometime this Fall since they want them out in 2022 for the 50th anniversary. New Mego's price point has been less than FTC's so there's that. ZLC Collectibles, Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store are usually first with pre-orders, so I'll post an alert here when they are up for preorder.

PS- FTC has the Yvonne Barbara Gordon figure re-released right now as a new release, so Batgirl is possible.

Lou, love the new Peter Parker, although the perfectionist in me expects Captain Marvel's head!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Animated Peter Parker heads
Parker Chemist.jpg
Parker head shot.jpg
Parker in suit.jpg
Parker quick change.jpg
I know what you mean. There are whole groups to sculpt 1/6 heads, but few for 1/9 heads. As far as Women, there are less. We need a Betty Brant sculpt. He has a JJJ head already.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

AndyFish wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:49 am Hey Larry-
You can see the official listing over here with pics of the London Prototypes;

Mego MUSEUM

Several years ago Figures Toy Company did a version which is still readily available, the complaint has been that Bruce Wayne's head was a bit on the small side. They also did the larger 12" version of it. I have the 8" version and it hits all the marks for me. The cowl fits better on a different head, I have one as originally released and another with Captain Kirk under the cowl. The removable cowl Batman is second only to the Captain Action Batman for me, and it's a close second. I remember little Andy stumbling on that in a department store toy section in 1972 and my mom getting me all four of the original release (Batman, Superman, Aquaman and Robin).

There is no word on release, but I'd say sometime this Fall since they want them out in 2022 for the 50th anniversary. New Mego's price point has been less than FTC's so there's that. ZLC Collectibles, Entertainment Earth and Big Bad Toy Store are usually first with pre-orders, so I'll post an alert here when they are up for preorder.

PS- FTC has the Yvonne Barbara Gordon figure re-released right now as a new release, so Batgirl is possible.

Lou, love the new Peter Parker, although the perfectionist in me expects Captain Marvel's head!
Hey Andy,
Thanks for the info. Which head do YOU think works better? Kirk's, or the Bruce head?????? Thanks, my Friend!
Larry
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Before I forget, completely, FTC IS planning on re-issuing Babs Bat Girl....Thank God! I missed it the 1st time, I won't the 2nd. I got that from an E-mail from FTC.
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

So there's a couple of new Peter Parker heads:
https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.c ... 2320&_ss=r

https://www.worldsgreatestsuperheroes.c ... 2320&_ss=r

This second one is very close to the Diamond Select Parker head in their special release from some years back.