So where are all our old friends?

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: So where are all our old friends?

Post by Scott Sebring » Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:14 pm

Dr. Shimel wrote: While I fully agree that people who don’t follow the rules or have an ax to grind should get tossed, I'm a bit hesitant about lumping all the banned posters together.
I agree. Most reasons and circumstances are unique while some are more common. No need to lump them all together.
For example, Selina had plenty of insightful posts about her "specialty" Catwoman, and also had the perspective of having seen the episodes when they first aired. Yes, taking on the Catwoman persona didn't really fit in, but this site is about a fantasy TV show from 40+ years ago. In my opinion, using the term "shenanigans," means what she did was annoying, not dangerous.
Shenanigans was the more polite term for what she was doing and although not dangerous, still had no place on this board.
Not looking to step on any toes, but it seems like the latter case was rightfully worthy of a ban, while the former instance might have been an area where some leniency existed.
Walk a mile in my shoes and know what I know of the actual situation and then you might see why I did what I felt necessary in the end. Then again, you may have handled it differently. But I guarantee you that you have no idea of the complete story or circumstances that lead up to that decision.

Still, this is the last I want to discuss this subject. PM me if you care to discuss it more. Thank you.
ImageImage

Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel » Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:13 pm

Scott Sebring wrote:
Dr. Shimel wrote: Still, this is the last I want to discuss this subject. PM me if you care to discuss it more. Thank you.
No problem. I just wanted to state my opinion.

Jason Broadway

Post by Jason Broadway » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:41 am

RIght here!

TheGirlWonder

Post by TheGirlWonder » Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:51 pm

**waves** I'm right here...although I'm a little confused as to why our board has a new home!! If it's discussed in the posts here, I haven't had time to read them yet, I just discovered today (while I was supposed to be doing homework) that we moved!

Titianhairedwench

Post by Titianhairedwench » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:09 pm

i kind of wondered why we have a new home too, but haven't found it in a message. (I haven't had time to read everything, of course!) I'm excited tho, because it's pretty cool to be at the start of something new.

Waterratt

Post by Waterratt » Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:52 pm

TheGirlWonder wrote:**waves** I'm right here...although I'm a little confused as to why our board has a new home!! If it's discussed in the posts here, I haven't had time to read them yet, I just discovered today (while I was supposed to be doing homework) that we moved!
It was originally discussed at the old board., here is the link.
http://www.66batman.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/Y ... 1345656513

I love the new board, and can't thank Scott enough for all the work that has gone into it. Though it took a little bit to figure things out, like posting pic and attaching videos, I think this new board it great! Thanks again Scott!

scrambledegghead

Post by scrambledegghead » Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:59 pm

SPACE GHOST! Glad you came back to your senses! :lol:
I never kiss on the first crime!

dell

Post by dell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:27 pm

Riddlersgurl wrote:I love this new site! It's great!

I'm wondering where dell is. Has anyone heard?
I was out and about on vacation for a few weeks. I had very limited access to the internet and only popped on to view the board for a few minutes one evening a few weeks ago and saw this thread. I sent Scott an email to say I was fine, but just not able to register.
dell

Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl » Sun Sep 30, 2012 2:47 pm

DELL!!!

Glad to hear from you! Where'd you go on vacation?

dell

Post by dell » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:04 pm

Riddlersgurl wrote:DELL!!!

Glad to hear from you! Where'd you go on vacation?
My wife and I visited a couple that we knew from our military days. They were assigned to Germany last year so we went over to visit them. My wife and the woman worked together in an NBC protection SPO (that is military lingo for Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Warfare Special Program Office). That means they pushed a lot of paper. We all got out of the military years ago, but they decided to get back in to get their 20 years in so they could retire. This is their last tour and they asked us to visit them.

After visiting them we worked our way down the western part of Germany and then headed to southern France. We ended our trip by staying a few days with someone who I deal with at work. She is part owner of a company that does work for the company that I work for. I approve the payments for the work that they do for us. She stops in to visit me at least once a year during one of her trips to the U.S. and she always takes my wife and I out to dinner. Since we were "close" to her part of France we thought it would be rude not to stop in and meet her family.
dell

Space Ghost

Post by Space Ghost » Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:27 pm

scrambledegghead wrote:SPACE GHOST! Glad you came back to your senses! :lol:

It was just a Momentary Lapse of Reason on my part Scrambledegghead.
I'm just glad the powers to be let you join up again you Riddler you!!!! :mrgreen:
You're Never Too Old to have a Happy Childhood