Nichelle Nichols has passed away

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

FLOYDLEWIS

Nichelle Nichols has passed away

Post by FLOYDLEWIS »

Nichelle Nichols, who portrayed communications officer Uhura on the original “Star Trek” series, died Saturday night in Silver City, N.M. She was always fun at cons , and we will miss her

rsaffle

Re: Nichelle Nichols has passed away

Post by rsaffle »

Sad news. We are all getting older. :?/
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

About five years ago I got stuck in a Hotel vestibule with her during an absolutely horrific thunder and lightning storm in Chicago-- she held onto my arm because she didn't like lightning. I thought she was gorgeous, witty, charming and incredibly sweet. We were together for some time waiting for the convention provided SUV to the airport and then rode to O'Hare together-- I thought she was really something else, and very, very down to Earth. Very sorry to hear of her passing, she was a lady of great faith-- she has gone on to a better place.
rsaffle

Post by rsaffle »

AndyFish wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 5:57 am About five years ago I got stuck in a Hotel vestibule with her during an absolutely horrific thunder and lightning storm in Chicago-- she held onto my arm because she didn't like lightning. I thought she was gorgeous, witty, charming and incredibly sweet. We were together for some time waiting for the convention provided SUV to the airport and then rode to O'Hare together-- I thought she was really something else, and very, very down to Earth. Very sorry to hear of her passing, she was a lady of great faith-- she has gone on to a better place.
Great memories! Awesome to hear that. We need more people like that.
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/