I recommend the show "The Old Man" on FX

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

I recommend the show "The Old Man" on FX

Post by dell »

My wife and I started watching this show and we both think it is excellent. Lots of intrigue and good plot twists that aren't gimicky.

Jeff Bridges is the title character. He is a former CIA agent who worked in Afghanistan helping the locals fight the Russians. Some of what he did is now coming back to haunt people and those people are not happy about the situation. John Lithgow plays The Old Man's handler. I don't want to say any more as I might give away something. Amy Brenneman pops up as a very interesting character. Again, I won't say anything else about her.

If you like mysteries and intrigue I think you will like this limited series. I think there are 7 one-hour episodes.
dell
AndyFish

Re: I recommend the show "The Old Man" on FX

Post by AndyFish »

If you don't have FX it's also available for purchase -- currently it's on sale at Vudu for $10 for the whole season, and on Prime and some of the other streaming services. I like the cast very much, I like Dell's recommendations and I've got some friends who are actual CIA retired so I've enjoyed other similar shows so I'll give this one a chance.
Thanks for the heads up.
rsaffle

Re: I recommend the show "The Old Man" on FX

Post by rsaffle »

I haven't finished it but I loved the first couple episodes so far. Great cast!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/