McFarlane bringing back DC Superpowers line

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

McFarlane bringing back DC Superpowers line

Post by Lou Szabo »

I saw a post that said McFarlane is bringing back the Kenner Super Powers line. The picture showed vehicles too, but I could not tell the scale (original 5” or taller) or whether it was a picture of the original line
306995C7-F88D-411D-8AA3-0929CFEB9105.jpeg
Looks like the Batwing is new
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Re: McFarlane bringing back DC Superpowers line

Post by AndyFish »

I made a lightning run into my local Wally World yesterday because they sell Propel Electrolytes for about 1/10th everyone else's price (you put it in your water for workouts), as my wife waited in the car I told her if I was more than four minutes there was a problem-- so I zipped in and as I walked down the toy aisle I saw these-- they had taken over the whole section-- everything else looked wiped out. They're bigger than the old ones as far as I can tell but they were under $10 so nice to see toys priced for kids to buy.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

There’s a picture of the WM display but it’s on my other device. Wave 2 is announced already
vintagematt

Post by vintagematt »

I came across these the other day - really neat! But I do wish that they would have went with a more 'classic' look for Batman (yellow oval, etc.) to more fit the Super Powers aesthetic, especially with such a classic looking Superman.
"Batman told him a super funny joke. When the creature didn't laugh, that was proof!"
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Following the comics?
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

If they're following the comics Superman hasn't had his underwear outside his pants for sometime. The Batman is based on Jim Lee's HUSH-- so maybe they do a classic yellow gray and blue Batman with the yellow oval-- which I probably would have bought.
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

Batman and his Batwing....pure awesomeness. Hopefully they will be bringing them out in the 89 colors
Larry
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Just add this playset for even more fun from Anthony Durso’s Toy Repro ship
34AED7D8-2E9E-4C98-82E2-10CA0C495536.png
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

It's great, if one can afford them.
Larry
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Eh. The figure scale and designs are barely Super Powers in name only. At this point, McFarlane screwing things up should come as no surprise.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Larry A.

Post by Larry A. »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:04 pm Eh. The figure scale and designs are barely Super Powers in name only. At this point, McFarlane screwing things up should come as no surprise.
Such negative vibes Moriarity!
Larry
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I never collected Super Powers so I don't have a dog in the race, the Superman looks very much like what I remember him looking but the Batman is lousy. I swung through Wally World yesterday to get some eggs (egg prices around here are nuts-- $6 for a dozen eggs??) and saw they had the Batwing and the Super Plane vehicles.

I'm not sure why he chose to do this line at all-- and they also had the Page Punchers-- which are tiny "action figures" that come with a full size comic book. The detail on them for their size is pretty good, but Batman for some reason has his mouth open which makes him look silly. I also don't get these, a kid would certainly lose these things pretty quickly.

Just my 2c- nobody asked but there it is.
cdub

Post by cdub »

I wonder why many of Mcfarlane's Batman figures are modeled after Jim Lee's version. I would like to see another interpretation.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

cdub wrote: Mon Sep 12, 2022 3:30 pm I wonder why many of Mcfarlane's Batman figures are modeled after Jim Lee's version. I would like to see another interpretation.
That is a major turn-off for me, as I cannot stand Jim Lee's "art", no matter what company he worked for.
Beneath Wayne Manor
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'm with the Hornet-- I love Jim as a person, I'm not a fan of his art-- no matter how talented he is. Give me the classic versions every time.