Marvel Champions card game

Here's a place for NON '66 Batman related subjects.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lou Szabo

Marvel Champions card game

Post by Lou Szabo »

We played Marvel Champions card game last night (at least I think so).

https://www.target.com/p/marvel-champio ... lsrc=3p.ds
89B44FB4-B3D4-4633-9FBB-88F2D7ECBEBD.jpeg
It requires at least 4 people. You lay out 25 cards in a 5X5 matrix as the “board”, laid out face up.
Two players give a one word clue and the number of instances of that clue on a per card basis. The clue givers have a mini card that copies the layout, with some card positions marked red, some blue, some purple and one autolose position.

As the receiver, you point to the face up card(s) that match the clue given. If the match is correct, a team card (red or blue) is placed on that spot. If wrong, either the opposite team color card is placed there, or the neutral card is placed there. If you point to the autolose card, game over.

You didn’t have to be a Marvel expert, in fact it could work against you.

So what if there was a 66 Batman version.

The two teams can be Batman family and United underworld. The card tokens are the Bat symbol and the United Underworld symbol.
Imagine if you used a 1966 bubblegum card set as the “board”, laid out face up. Remember you are not identifying the character pe se, but some characteristic so if part of a Batmobile, Batcycle, Batboat, or Batcopter were in 4 different cards, the clue could be “vehicles four”. However if your team only had the card locations featuring The Batmobile and Batcycle, you might choose “wheels two”, or something similar.

Who would be the autolose card? Darkseid? Joe Chill?

Anyway, there are some nifty ways to play the game, and all ages can play.

Anyone know if there is a DC version. By the way I lost. Our last board had 11 spider-man villains, including the comic book Vulture, scorpion, shocker, hob goblin, dr Octopus, Sandman, Lizard, Kraven, and Spidey. It also had the leader, she-hulk, and a couple of other PREDOMINANTLY green characters.

My wife said Green Two. I chose incorrectly. As soon as you are wrong, your turn is over. :oops:
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
rsaffle

Re: Marvel Champions card game

Post by rsaffle »

My family plays a lot of board games, but I haven't played this one. I'll watch a video.

I have thought about trying to create a Batman 66 game myself. My mind is racing! lol
I'm close to finishing my Ideal Batman 66 set so maye that will be next. :?)

Happy to see you enjoying playing a game too!
*See more 3D printed props @ https://www.instagram.com/saffledesigns/
Lou Szabo

Re: Marvel Champions card game

Post by Lou Szabo »

Oops, it’s actually this game: Codenames:Marvel

https://boardgamegeek.com/image/3626219 ... mes-marvel
F3735A70-321A-4638-B83C-842FB890E3BE.jpeg
They make a Disney version too.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!