Batman beats drugs

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

neopatriot@aol.com

Batman beats drugs

Post by neopatriot@aol.com »

Greetings fellow Batfans!
I have a episode question I'm hoping for some help with. In one of the later episodes Batman is drugged by a villain and shakes it off. I'm wondering who the villain is and what episode it was? Anyone remember it?
Thanks,
John
clavierankh

Re: Batman beats drugs

Post by clavierankh »

I remember in Marsha Queen Of Diamonds, Batman got hit by one of Marsha's love potion darts and fought it off.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Batman pretends to be under the influence of King Tut's Abu-rabu-simbu-tu, but is actually faking it after drinking six glasses of buttermilk. :lol:
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

In "Marsha, Queen of Diamonds," Batman fights off the effect of a dose of love potion administered by a dart shot from a Cupid statue.

Marsha sics her goons on Batman and Robin, and during the ensuing batfight, she reloads Cupid and drugs Robin, who's too inexperienced to resist. Batman then reluctantly agrees to marry Marsha in exchange for setting Robin free. (To see how Batman escapes this predicament, tune in tomorrow night.)

Cheers,

QQ
neopatriot@aol.com

Wow you folks are good and fast! The Marsha episode is the one I was looking for, but I'll be watching both of those episodes tonight because I loved the King Tut shows as well and always wanted one of the Batman dummy's he beat up in the Batcave. Batfans are the best fans! Thanks again!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Batman and Robin were also drugged by The Catwoman. (Julie Newmar.)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

elmrgraham wrote:Batman and Robin were also drugged by The Catwoman. (Julie Newmar.)
Though again with Batman, he was faking it. He took a pill, saying he had a headache, while Robin continued to be infatuated with Pussycat aka Lesley Gore.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

This is true.
66wasbest

Post by 66wasbest »

His drink of orange juice is also drugged in the 1st eps.and he passes out while doing the batusi w/Molly.Iirc the bartender secretly a member of Riddler's Molehill Mob gang drugs his drink.
neopatriot@aol.com

Thanks again for giving me more excuses to watch more episodes. Best stress reliever in the world!! Hope to meet some of you at the Rhode Island convention! John
Gernot

Post by Gernot »

Heh. I imagine they were tired of Batman being drugged all the time by the time he faced off against The Black Widow. He was being mind-controlled mechanically, and only "Buttercup" was able to save him! :)
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Gernot wrote:Heh. I imagine they were tired of Batman being drugged all the time by the time he faced off against The Black Widow. He was being mind-controlled mechanically, and only "Buttercup" was able to save him! :)
Followed the next year with Lord Pfogg temporarily frying Batman's brain.