Post by brinke »

elmrgraham

Re: Well, that's gonna leave a mark.

Post by elmrgraham »

I guess it will leave a mark.
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Well, Batman always did drive recklessly... I mean, am I the only one who noticed in the show the Batmobile would drive in the middle of the road or from one lane to another (in the wrong lane, Batman!)? I know he's a deputized citizen of the law and he's usually busy going after bad guys, but Batman was a reckless driver!

I know the vehicle was hard to drive, and could only go 40mph, so the stunt driver was probably trying to make it look like it could go 80, and it was likely always driven on a closed lane, and it did look pretty cool, but still, no wonder in one episode someone looked scared to ride in it (I think it was Chief O'Hara riding with Batman once).

Do you happen to know which model/version of the Batmobile this is, or do you think the photo is a fake/manip/edit?

:)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

We make fun of the GCPD despite Commissioner Gordon commending his officers' excellent work early in the series. Nevertheless, in light of the above evidence of Batman driving recklessly, we must consider Chief O'Hara a wise man for asking if the Caped Crusader was insured before he took off in a squad car after Catwoman in the stolen Batmobile.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

The incident happened. Replica owner Chris Woodside, on his first Father's Day, had this Batmobile accident.
Click for a past topic on Chris' description on what happened that day, (p.s. photos are not online)
click for 2006 topic

His car was rebuilt/repaired by another builder, and this multiple trophy winner just happens to be up for sale right now.
More on Chris' car click for his topic on 1966batmobile.com
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Ah, I remember this back when it happened. Ugh, it hurt to see it then and when I met Chris a few years ago it hurt to hear him tell it.

To quote Doctor Zachary Smith: "Oh the pain..the pain!"
CWA

Post by CWA »

Robin's Girl wrote:Well, Batman always did drive recklessly... I mean, am I the only one who noticed in the show the Batmobile would drive in the middle of the road or from one lane to another (in the wrong lane, Batman!)? I know he's a deputized citizen of the law and he's usually busy going after bad guys, but Batman was a reckless driver!

I know the vehicle was hard to drive, and could only go 40mph, so the stunt driver was probably trying to make it look like it could go 80, and it was likely always driven on a closed lane, and it did look pretty cool, but still, no wonder in one episode someone looked scared to ride in it (I think it was Chief O'Hara riding with Batman once).

Do you happen to know which model/version of the Batmobile this is, or do you think the photo is a fake/manip/edit?

No girl wonder, you're not the only one. As a child I after seeing the way Batman drove, I understood why Batman emphasized that Robin wear the seatbelt, lol
CWA

Post by CWA »

Scott Sebring wrote:Ah, I remember this back when it happened. Ugh, it hurt to see it then and when I met Chris a few years ago it hurt to hear him tell it.

To quote Doctor Zachary Smith: "Oh the pain..the pain!"
That's exactly what I thought when I first saw the pics. It's almost traumatic. And the mechanic looked too young to understand the significance of his task.

I wonder does this go against Batman's insurance?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

CWA wrote:I wonder does this go against Batman's insurance?
"Holy rate increase, Batman!"
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Now that's just sad.
yes, Robin, I believe it would be wise to buckle up.
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

Never fear, citizens! Here's what the car looked like after we finished the restoration.
P1010269.JPG
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Here's who really caused the accident :)
Attachments
Batmobile Crash Affleck.jpg
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
dell

Post by dell »

Mark Racop wrote:Never fear, citizens! Here's what the car looked like after we finished the restoration.
Great job Mark!
dell
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

Batfanman wrote:Here's who really caused the accident :)
:lol:
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Batfanman wrote:Here's who really caused the accident :)
OMG, that's great, Batfanman! LOL. And I love all of your little touches, the How's My Driving sticker and the street sign, etc. Thanks for posting that :)