Bruce gives Dick a car

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Robin's Girl

Bruce gives Dick a car

Post by Robin's Girl »

In the season three episode "Enter Batgirl, Exit Penguin," Bruce gives Dick a red car when he gets his driver's license. I was trying to find out what type or model of car it was via google, and I happened to find the Plymouth Barracuda Convertible. I can't find any screencaps of it from that episode, but when searching images on google, it looks to be the same car, or at least similar. Does anyone know for sure exactly what model or year the car was? (I'm interested in classic cars, especially ones from classic TV shows and movies, though my favorite, of course, is the original Batmobile.) Also if anyone comes across a screencap or photo of the car from the episode, please share it. Thanks. :)
I prefer to believe it's because our hearts are pure. - Batman
Phil B

Re: Bruce gives Dick a car

Post by Phil B »

An enthusiast may be able to determine the make and model.
Attachments
dick's car.jpg
Batman

Post by Batman »

It is a 1967 Plymouth Barracuda. Awesome car!

Except for the Batmobile and other customized villain's cars, most cars in the show were Chrysler (Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth) products. Bruce 's car was a Chrysler. The Police cars' were Plymouths and the ever changing, multi-purpose van was a Dodge.
To the Batpole!
dell

Post by dell »

It is kind of an ugly red car.
dell
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Kind of nothin'! That car is one of the ugliest things I've seen, and I've seen my mother without makeup!
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Thank you so much to Phil B and, haha, Batman! The car is a bit chunky or clunky looking, but I still think it's pretty cool. ;)
Batman

Post by Batman »

It's actually a very cool looking car, they just made it so plain looking in the show. They also gave it a dull paint job.

Here's a much nicer looking version of the car with a brighter paint job in the same color!

To the Batpole!
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

Thanks again! That's what I was thinking when I saw photos of it on google image search. It made me wonder why they didn't make it look nicer in the show (maybe budget cuts, since it was the last season)? But it is a really nice looking car, seen this way. ;)
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

I believe Dick's car was a 1968 Barracuda due to the fact that it has the round front side markers, I don't think the '67 had those markers yet. The '68 convertible had a production number of 2,840

Batman

Post by Batman »

Robin's Girl wrote:Thanks again! That's what I was thinking when I saw photos of it on google image search. It made me wonder why they didn't make it look nicer in the show (maybe budget cuts, since it was the last season)? But it is a really nice looking car, seen this way. ;)
I don't think budget cuts had anything to do with it. TV shows are usually supplied free cars by manufacturers in exchange for screen time. That's why the show used Chrysler (Chrysler/Dodge/Plymouth) cars exclusively.
To the Batpole!
Robin's Girl

Post by Robin's Girl »

To A. Pennyworth, thank you for the information and for all those captures! I really appreciate it, and very cool photos. Also, I did not know that about TV shows being supplied free cars. :) Still, it's a really cool car.