Recreating classic photos, scenes or poses from the show

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

dell

Recreating classic photos, scenes or poses from the show

Post by dell »

BenaeQuee did a great job recreating a series of Catwoman photos. I was wondering if any of the other board members had considered recreating any classic photos, scenes or poses from the show? We have a lot of people here who dress up as heroes or villians and I would think it would make a great gallery to have people submit their photos. I know this is easier said than done; especially since I am saying and not doing.
dell
Bob

Re: Recreating classic photos, scenes or poses from the show

Post by Bob »

I remember a boy wonder cosplayer who was hanging off the same building Burt Ward was. But I am old now my memories are not always real.
I enjoy how the cosplayers put their own personal spin on the characters and don't try to mirror image the TV show. I ( think ) I remember seeing a 60's catwoman doing a fantastic hula hoop routine

Nothing is ever cheap and easy in cosplay, but its a whole lot of fun
dell

Post by dell »

I am not expecting people to hang off buildings, be dangled over pits of tigers, be dropped in giant vats of caviar or swallowed by giant clams, but that would be cool. :D :D :D
dell
Dynamic Duo

Post by Dynamic Duo »

I realize this post probably belongs in the crafts section, but someone asked about recreating scenes. I'm working on a Batcave diorama and it will definitely have Penguin in it, from I think a season 1 episode, The Penguin Goes Straight.
"Atomic batteries to power...Turbines to speed...."
"Roger...ready to move out!"
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Friendly Admin reminder:
We've actually gone down this road a little bit before on the old board so I feel I need to give a heads up.
If one is planning to share scene recreation shots, please make sure they don't just focus on traps, capture, tied up, humiliation or any other "in peril" motifs as this starts to come across as fetish and is in violation of our board rules. Tread very carefully folks.
All images will be subject to the moderator's discretion.

chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

So... stick to the glamour shots? (Unless you're False-Face; if so, just do the best you can. :lol: )
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Ok here's one which is a little off the wall!

Some of you may remember the original thread from way back, but a few weeks before I debuted my first version of my Adam West style suit at San Diego Comic Con in 2009, during one of my fittings I decided to throw a robe on, grab my sunglasses and create a couple of shots in the style of the behind the scenes photos I love so much from the show. Not so much, Batman cosplay, as Adam West cosplay.

Here's one of my favorites from that fun afternoon four years ago.
Attachments
Adam Behind the Scenes Shoot 011.jpg
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

chrisbcritter wrote:So... stick to the glamour shots?
Not necessarily. Say, Batman and Robin being held in place by Joker's henchmen as an opera clown clad Joker is about to remove their masks as seen in "The Joker Is Wild" would probably be fine. Batgirl just tied up and gagged would not be okay. Robin being eaten by a giant clam as in the "Zodiac Crimes" trilogy could pass if done well as could Batman punching a shark off of his leg. Villains simply gloating over tied up heroes on their knees would not.

I hope this helps.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

I love the vintage feel of your pic, Ben. Feels like it was taken off the backlot.
Here's my attempt at a "vintagey" recreation.
Scott and Alex as Batman and Robin - retro  bw.jpg
dell

Post by dell »

My idea was more along what BenaeQuee did as a single person with the collage photos in her thread. Constructing sets is a lot of work for a single photo. And multiple characters in the same shot is a logistical issue unless you happen to live near each other or do this at a con.

I would think it would be reasonably simple to recreate a favorite pose of your character without fancy backdrops, props, etc.
dell
chrisbcritter

Post by chrisbcritter »

I would think it would be reasonably simple to recreate a favorite pose of your character without fancy backdrops, props, etc.
Either that or you could Photoshop your pose into an original still.
"To the medical eye, such childish claptrap means only one thing, young man: You need some sleep."
BenaeQuee

Post by BenaeQuee »

I would love to see other costumers recreate promo shots or famous scenes! I have more Julie ones I want to do. I just need to find the time and a studio to do so (have a few photographers luckily).
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

Here is a shot where I tried to recreate a particular publicity shot, not exactly mind you, just close...

And this one is just plain silly...

A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Corgi's are vintage originals, as are the 2.6 Batman Pez w/cape and 2.6 Green Hornet Pez, the Kato fantasy Pez is by Orlando (Pezheads know who this is) and the Robin is my custom to complete this picture.