SDCC 2013

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Re: SDCC 2013

Post by Scott Sebring »

[BBvideo 425,350]http://youtu.be/zSTBhwSQ26k[/BBvideo]
And here's some video...
Batman

Post by Batman »

"The Scottusi!" Neat!
To the Batpole!
Batman

Post by Batman »

Ben Bentley wrote:Another couple from todays Flickr trawl...

Scott and our friend Valerie rocking it in costume on the con-floor!

Getty also got a similar snap!

"Robin, who?"
To the Batpole!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Pretty Neat.
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

Batman wrote:"The Scottusi!" Neat!
I'm genuinely bummed that I didn't come up with that line over the years!
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

great photos. :)
my wife is my Batgirl
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

"Bagman"

Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

That picture of Batman and Robin is also featured on a Hot Topic Tshirt for the ultimate walking billboard (front and back). Great photos. Do people still buy comics there?
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Batman wrote:"The Scottusi!" Neat!

It begs for an action figure in custom packaging! ;)
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

Hi all,

I don't post as frequently as I used to here, but it's mainly 'cos I don't have much new to say.
Since I finally was able to attend SDCC...first time since 2007 and getting laid-off in 2008...I thought that some of you might be interested in my weekend...

SDCC..."It was the Best of TImes...It was the Worst of times" for me!

I got to see a LOT of new TV Batman product!!!...and was even asked to take photos with them from the Mattel, NECA, and Hallmark booth reps! :D ...I posted a LOT of photos on FB - under "John Whitt" - if you'd like to see them! I will try to re-post them over here...it just takes so much time! :roll:

SDCC is fun but is SO BIG that you REALLY don't get to see all the other friends/attendees (Took me until Saturday to see Scott for 2 minutes!...and I NEVER saw Alex!)...and unless you are..."diligent"...enough to wait overnight in lines for Hall H tickets, you'd NEVER know that Harrison Ford, Henry Cavill, Tom Cruise, Sandra Bullock, Arnold & Sly, Cast of "Avengers," and more!!!...were even around!!! 2 pretty female friends of mine got to meet Henry Cavill and Tom Hiddleston (Loki)!!!...Perks of being "Booth-babe" types! ;)

On Thursday, my son, Adam, and I got to meet the director and new Batman & Joker voice actors for "Arkham Origins!" I also won a Black Mask dosier kit with a t-shirt, a GPD Police Report on Batman, the $50M Reward poster for Killing Batman, etc.! The best day of the con!!!

I also got to hang with my buddy, "Adrian West," off-and-on during the con!...FUN! :)

Friday was fun/OK, overall. There was a Batman TV series product giveaway raffle @ 10:00 at the Mattel booth so I went over there around 9:30 to get a ticket. Being in costume, I got the first one...and the Mattel Marketing Manager gave me one of the promo posters that we saw photos of @ Toy Fair with all of the release details!!!...

...She wanted to BE SURE I got something for my dedication to the show and for suiting-up! :)

Unfortunately, there was a WWE signing right after the Batman raffle so the majority of people in the booth were WWE fans who couldn't care less about the Batman stuff!!!...but, of course, the majority of Batman product tickets went to these WWE fans,who were just mulling about everywhere! One guy, dressed in gold shades, chains, and stuff, was just so obnoxious!!!...Yelling "Where are the WWE tickets??!!...When are you gonna start giving out tickets for that??!!" and just being a jerk!

They had more of those posters and then they opened a couple of boxes with, IIRC, 4 Batman, 4 Riddler, 4 Penguin, 3 or 4 Batman Barbies (Kens), 3 or 4 Catwoman Barbies, 2 or 3 Batman & Robin 2-packs(!!!)...and 2 BATMOBILES!!! The raffle commenced and I watched the majority of the stuff go to the WWE fans in the area!!! GRRRRRR!!!!!...and guess who won one of the Batmobiles?!...Yep!...The obnoxious guy with the gold shades!!!

At least some kids got some of the figures!

Then, on Saturday, it all crashed down when I "lost" a WB animated "Batman: The Animated Series" cel signed by Kevin Conroy, Bruce Timm, Paul Dini, and Andrea Romano!!!...It was in my TV Series Batman bag and I put it down to take some photos with some costuming friends I know and met in the DC booth. A few minutes later, I turned and the bag was gone! I was so PO'D by this that I left the show by 5:00 on Saturday(!!!)...and didn't even bother to suit-up on Sunday!

It was while on my way to find the Lost & Found, and being filmed by a couple of guys who wanted "A Batman Cosplayer's Day @ SDCC" footage, that I FINALLY ran into Scott & Vickie! We talked for a couple of minutes, but I had to get to L&F ASAP, so we parted ways. We finally hooked-up late on Sunday, with Dan Bois and Adrian as well. That was nice!

So, that's the gist of my SDCC Adventure!...
Thefanboy59

Post by Thefanboy59 »

It was good to see you John. I had not seen you since Chicago. I'm glad we spent some time together here and there. Sorry things didn't work out for dinner. Loved your pictures holding the Batman figures.

Good to see Scott & Vickie, Alex,Dan,and Bob & Teri as well. I always try to go by Dan"s booth which is a good place to find board members.
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Thanks for the update, John. Sorry about what happened with your siogned cell. That's horrible!

Glad you were aknowledged (and appreciated) by the merch manufacturers! I am sure that you
brought alot of "extra" attention to their displays.

See you in Oct.
Bob