Batman chest emblem, how do you stick it to the tights?

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
Roundedwayne

Batman chest emblem, how do you stick it to the tights?

Post by Roundedwayne »

Hi everyone! I'm wondering how do you guys stick your batman emblem to you tights? When I tried mine with velcro, it pops out abit and it looks kind of weird especially from side view.... Also how high do you stick it? Thanks! :D :D
Hedji

Re: Batman chest emblem, how do you stick it to the tights?

Post by Hedji »

I don't have a batsuit... yet. But I have one of Chuck Williams' bat emblems, and it is self adhesive. Peel 'n stick.
yodakiller

Post by yodakiller »

In my case I have Chuck's handy dandy chest emblems with built in sticky stuff. In your case I would use double sided tape. Look at a PIC of Adam west to get an idea for placement.
Roundedwayne

Post by Roundedwayne »

Argh...... Mine came with the built in sticky stuff too! Foolish me; I stuck it to a piece of plastic cut-out then add velcros to it thinking that if I just stick directly, I won't be able to wash it. Apreciate your input:). I'll try re-stick it again.
rajung

Post by rajung »

they all come loose after a period of time.
What I have done is use carpet tape, there are 2 versions, indoor or outdoor.
The outdoor is water resistant and very adhesive but more than you need.Use the indoor style as you can easily reposition if needed.It is also very thin so if needed you can add another few layers before the emblem needs replaced.You will never get the old layer off.
Maybe there are other options such as fabric spray adhesive.
Roundedwayne

Post by Roundedwayne »

I'll try to look up for the tape in store. It is pretty essential for it to be water resistant and adhesive(more than the average double-sided tape!), as sweat may cause it to come off. Someday in the future I would get one from Chuck; That is if he still have it available! Hahah reckon it'll be far more better quality than what I have now, which it's a print out from this site and had a local shirt-printing-shop to make it "ACCURATE!!".......... Lol! Thanks for the tips by the way! :D
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

There is an adhesive that I have used on my son's Cub Scout uniform called Badge Magic. This stuff is SUPER Adhesive!! It would work for the emblem that has been attached to plastic, the only draw back is that it is very difficult to remove if you decide to take it off.

http://www.badgemagic.com/

Another option, which is more versitle, would be Grafix Double Tack adhesive film. I use it a lot on my models and have used it on Halloween costumes. You would cut it to fit the emblem, peel and apply. I have not had any issues with removing it, but I always say you should test it first on either scrap cloth or maybe the inside back of the costume.

http://www.dickblick.com/products/grafi ... ting-film/
Roundedwayne

Post by Roundedwayne »

I'll look that up too! Thanks, you guys are so helpful! Lol In the mean time, I think I'll be putting hold on this project. Instead, I will try to save up for a will cowl! Hope that day will come sooner than planned! Haha.