Cut/missing scenes from episodes

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Batfanman

Re: Cut/missing scenes from episodes

Post by Batfanman »

Jaws63 wrote:I just did a quick study of the pilot, the scene I was referring to in the previous post I said had no dialogue I think it did have other dialogue the more I think about it. Riddler races down the staircase "Stop...Stop that rediculas bickering, Batman"s had time to solve the clue". After this phrase there's other dialogue(not sure what), but one of the henchmen say's somebody's coming(this is what's cut), because Riddler stares right at the henchman sitting at the table and say's "Hurry into the manhole(the music slows) and like I said, everone follows Riddler down the manhole...some man(bigfoot LOL)walks past not realizing the manhole cover being sealed(the yellow bat, changes the scene)Narrator speaks "what are the fiendish Riddler and the molehill mob up to now. (and the show goes on as we know it)

This is about the fourth time I've written about this, twice on the old forum. Now no one has confirmed they remember this scene, but I'm 100 percent sure I'm right about this.
I'm sure you are, Jaws63. Now, just relax. A quick inhale of some Bat-gas, and we can all return to the city..." (sorry - no offense intended - just couldn't resist the line.) I kinda remember what you are talking about but it has been so long that I'm sure if my memory does recall it, it must have been during a syndicated re-run back in the days when I wasn't inhaling as much bat gas.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Jaws63

Post by Jaws63 »

If you go to you-tube and type in "Batman66 missing dialogue" you'll see the extended dialogue in "Penguin's a jinx" that I was talking about. It also has the scenes from "Tut's case is shut" Once Batman is in Tut's power(after drinking the lemon-aid) two of Tut's men grab Batman and give him a message from Tut and later there's certain dialogue missing when Batman is praising King Tut. Leslie Gore's "Maybe now" is also apart of the list of clips here.

The bank robbery scene in "That darn Catwoman" has struck up many a conversation in the old forum, you'll notice in the end credits of this episode, a bank teller is credited for her roll..so this scene does exist. I seem to remember someone uploading the Bank robbery scene some time ago in the batlinks column of the old forum, This thread has Ironically disappeared from the old forum along with all our old posts(what's up with that anyway?). Anyhoo, from this missing bank scene(I mentioned this once before)I believe this is where Robin makes a pass at Catwoman which I thought was pretty funny.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I found it interesting that Dozier's opening introduction in the pilot seems to be removed from most airings. In looking at a few versions on youtube, I see that some of the stations cut up/shortened the opening and therefore had to air it without the dialogue, but another one looked like it was the full thing, just with no Dozier intro. Strange.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

I don't think there was a Dozier narrated opening in the pilot.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

clavierankh wrote:I don't think there was a Dozier narrated opening in the pilot.
The Dozier narration is on youtube, but it's against board rules to link to episodes or parts of episodes, so I'll PM you.
batty

Post by batty »

Where did you get an uncut set of episodes, and are they still available?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

batty wrote:Where did you get an uncut set of episodes, and are they still available?
Please follow our rules about bootleg sources on this board. Thank you.
Therin of Andor

Post by Therin of Andor »

epaddon wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:41 pm Didn't notice this until now but an interesting find! That's Sterling Holloway who was the voice of Winnie The Pooh in Disney's cartoons.
Even more bizarre! I was taken to see "Winnie-the-Pooh and the Honey Tree" at the cinema just around the corner from the one screening the "Batman" movie in its Australian premiere season, in August 1967!

Sterling Holloway as Major Terry by Ian McLean, on Flickr

The (cut) Major Terry scene appears on Page 57 of the movie script and begins:

176 INT. SQUADRON OFFICE - NIGHT

Lone officer on duty, one MAJOR TERRY, passing the time building a model airplane. On the desk a box labeled on one side "Plastic Model Kit" and on the other "Any Child Can Do It." Beside it, a large tube of model airplane glue. His phone RINGS, he picks it up.

TERRY
Duty Officer, Major Terry.

INTERCUT:

177 PHONE CONVERSATION - MAJOR TERRY AND ROBIN

ROBIN
Emergency! Airbourne [sic] kidnapping!

Major Terry is instantly on the ball at that.

TERRY
Good gravy ! Give me the data!

ROBIN
Six criminals with Jet-Pack Penguin Umbrellas! Estimated altitude, twenty-two hundred!

TERRY
Bearing?

ROBIN
About one-two-oh! Light cloud cover!

TERRY
We'll nab 'em!

ROBIN
Be careful, Major! They're carrying two victims! Don't shoot, just force them down!

TERRY
Naturally.

Major Terry puts down phone, picks up microphone and flicks switch.

TERRY
(into mike)
Squadron... SCRAMBLE!
"Holy nostalgia, Batman!"
Therin of Andor

(aka Ian McLean, from Sydney, Australia)
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

The first issued DVDs did not contain the Dozier narration in the pilot opening. My disc got ruined when I loaned it to a friend and I'm looking for someone to help me get a disc that was first issued. All subsequent DVDs have been released with the narration, both in box set and season one form. PM me if you can help me. Thanks.
Music. BAT! Music.