Adam West Says Batman TV Show May Get Official Release Soon

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Adam West Says Batman TV Show May Get Official Release Soon

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I think he's said this for a while at various cons, so I wouldn't hold your breath, but here's two articles that went up on the internet tonight:

http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/batman/21442 ... lease-soon

http://13thdimension.com/the-gotham-tri ... -on-video/

Although Adam and Burt not being in Nashville this past week due to "filming" makes me still wonder what they could possibly be filming (and on a weekend yet?) I like someone's idea in another thread that maybe they were doing commentary or extras for the DVDs, and Adam does say in this article that he's recorded something that could be used on the DVDs. I assume he's not referring to his own Adam West Naked video.
Riddler Fan

Re: Adam West Says Batman TV Show May Get Official Release S

Post by Riddler Fan »

All we bat-fans can do is wait and hope that this may indeed happen.
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Well, if you think about it, with everything we've been seeing lately, it's looking like there's finally been a breakthrough between Fox and Warners and all of the licensed toys, costumes, etc. have been the start of a build-up to the series being released.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Batfanman wrote:Well, if you think about it, with everything we've been seeing lately, it's looking like there's finally been a breakthrough between Fox and Warners and all of the licensed toys, costumes, etc. have been the start of a build-up to the series being released.
Fox has nothing to do with the toys and merch, that's why we have them but still no DVDs. WB just managed to finally get Adam's likeness in order to get the ball rolling on that stuff. No break through between Fox and WB as of yet and Adam has been saying this since at least 2006 when I first heard him say it.
Batmanfan71

Post by Batmanfan71 »

I'll believe it when I see it. I'll just enjoy the TV Land recorded episodes I bought at a con until they are officially released.

Mike
Batfanman

Post by Batfanman »

Scott Sebring wrote:
Batfanman wrote:Well, if you think about it, with everything we've been seeing lately, it's looking like there's finally been a breakthrough between Fox and Warners and all of the licensed toys, costumes, etc. have been the start of a build-up to the series being released.
Fox has nothing to do with the toys and merch, that's why we have them but still no DVDs. WB just managed to finally get Adam's likeness in order to get the ball rolling on that stuff. No break through between Fox and WB as of yet and Adam has been saying this since at least 2006 when I first heard him say it.
Oh I realize that about Fox and the merch, I just think (wish?) the whole timing of the licensing of their images (long, long overdue!) would be planned as a part of a larger campaign that may finally include the series on DVD. I'm wondering if perhaps Adam & cast aren't able to say anything just yet because of contractual reasons.
Every Day Is BATMAN DAY!
Visit & Like - https://www.facebook.com/batfanman66
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

I think what Adam West was saying is he and possibly Burt Ward have recorded commentary for the episodes in case they ever do come out of home video. Even if it happens after their passing.
logar2

Post by logar2 »

As in most situations, anything can happen at any time despite what anyone on this board thinks they know or who they heard it from. No one here has their finger on the pulse of anyone responsible for making this happen. But it doesn't hurt for us to stay positive and hopeful.
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

Waiting for the release of the series on DVD is a crueler torture that any Bat-Villain(ess) ever inflicted on B&R!!!!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Maybe not as bad as watching the entire Nora Clavicle episode. :lol:
ChAnOoD

Post by ChAnOoD »

Would be sweet to have the series on DVD. I hope they´ll plan to release it soon.
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

Dr. Shimel wrote:Maybe not as bad as watching the entire Nora Clavicle episode. :lol:
I think it's up there with listening to Barney or the Neverending Song.

THOSE are just cruel! Not even Nora is that bad!
IdolGirl01

Post by IdolGirl01 »

I hope the Batman Series comes out on DVD soon that would be nice to have it on real DVD instead of bootleg there okay I guess..
Sol

Post by Sol »

Waiting around for the legal mumbo jumbo to clear up was not for me and recently I purchased the series on boot-leg. While not perfect, the flaws are few. It was well worth the approximately $95 I paid. I had always wanted to have the series on DVD and $100 was the maximum I shell out. Fortunately, a young fella had posted a video on YouTube demonstrating the set he had purchased. I'm certain I would not have pursued it otherwise. If it does come out "officially", we can only wonder how long a wait it will be. Will I be frustrated with myself if BATMAN is released sometime in the near future? Nah. I went through this same thing years ago with "The Adventures of Superman": I bought the run on bootleg, then shortly thereafter Warner Bros. finally announced they were putting it out. I bought the official set, too - eventually - when the price was right. Funny thing: I still more frequently watch the bootlegs than the WB disks. The bootlegs look fine, and WB's product looks better on the shelf. This bootleg Batman set is so nicely packaged that I doubt an official set could be superior in its presentation. However, I've been watching it so frequently that it never sits on the shelf.

If that sounded like some sort of sales pitch, it's not intended as one. Just my experience.