Billy Loyd JR sad news

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Shemp

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by Shemp »

Well wishes for his son, and my condolences to all his family and friends.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

My deepest condolences to his family. May God Bless Them.

Elmer J.Graham Jr.
Keyport, New Jersey.
Bat 66

Post by Bat 66 »

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Update and a few more details on Andrew's condition from Billy's oldest son, Billy Wayne:
Andrew has two bullets in his brain and one between his heart and chest cavity. His brain swelling went down but they expect it to keep rising. His condition is stable right now, but it doesn't look good. We're all still hoping for the best though.
Hoping the best for Andrew now.
Mark Racop

Post by Mark Racop »

I am so saddened to hear this...Billy and I enjoyed many long conversations about 1966 Batman, people, politics, religion, and just about every topic imaginable. My heart goes out to his family at this most difficult time, and my prayers go out for Andrew.

We lost a good man. May you find peace and tranquility, Billy...
Attachments
MCCC14A.jpg
hobbybuilder01

Post by hobbybuilder01 »

update Andrew has 2 bullets in his brain and one lodged in his chest cavity the swelling has gone down but is expected to return the prognosis is not the best ,,, keep praying we need a miracle
Lee Kirkham

Post by Lee Kirkham »

If anyone here should need to text-chat today, you can find me online on several different messaging systems. I'll also be in the "bat-chat" text chatroom. You'll find the link to this in the board menu, next to "FAQ"

facebook, skype, google
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
yodakiller

Post by yodakiller »

Shocking news. And to think he was just celebrating being a 9 year member on October 1 and looking forward to many more. While I didn't know him personally I've only heard good things about him and his belts.
May God grant him and his family peace. Hopefully Andrew will pull thru.
Etruscan Snood

Post by Etruscan Snood »

Billy will be profoundly missed. I remember him as King Tut in Ohio, and he was great. He helped guide me through building my first bat utility belt, and generously sent me some spare parts he had lying around. He was always one for bat conversation or any conversation. I always viewed him as one of the "founding fathers" of this bat community. My thoughts and prayers are with his son and family. If there's a Batcave in heaven, and I'm certain there is, I'm sure Billy is there.
Catfan

Post by Catfan »

I am so sorry to hear of the news. Despite some differences we had, he was very supportive of me. My prayers are with the Loyd family.
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Wow this is so sad :( :( R.I.P. Billy my prayers for his son and family at this sad time :( :( Billy welcome me to the batboard when I frist joined. He was giving away the matchbox Batmobiles he wanted to give me one. But I paid him for them I think he sent me like 3 or 4 and I paid him for them. He was so nice a great to me. I will miss you Billy God Bless your Soul always!!!!
A. Pennyworth

Post by A. Pennyworth »

Very sad news. He will be missed by many. My thoughts and prayers goes out to his family.
--john
Jersey Jim

Post by Jersey Jim »

I am totally in shock..that words can't describe how I feel.
My thoughts and prayers go out to his family at this VERY difficult time.

R.I.P. Billy...You will be missed!! :cry:
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

This is shocking and sad. I'll remember Ghostdog as a friendly, active member of this bat-community. I'm so sorry to hear of this tragic loss. I pray that Billy and both his sons find peace, and I extend sincere condolences to all who knew him, especially those who'd come to know him off-board.
Waterratt

Post by Waterratt »

I am very sorry to hear this news, my heart goes out to him and his family. Majors prayers for Andrew. I didn't know him personally, just thru our coversations in Text Chat, the VBC and the thru Facebook, but even though I never really knew him, I still considered him a friend. You will be missed my friend. I hope you found peace.

Matt