Tiny nod to Batman in the movie Flushed Away

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Gleeps, it's Batman

Tiny nod to Batman in the movie Flushed Away

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I just happened to have ABC on while I was sitting down to load my recording of tonight's Wonder Woman episode, and the movie Flushed Away was on ABC. It just happened to be a part where a character said, "To the Ratmobile!" and then the very beginning of the Batman theme played, just the spinning part before the animated Batman and Robin start running toward the camera. I don't know what you'd call that very beginning part. A trumpet trill?
Mark Racop

Re: Tiny nod to Batman in the movie Flushed Away

Post by Mark Racop »

I dunno either--"The Start Button Fanfare?" :)
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

The little transitional video accompanied by that cue has long been referred to around here as a "batspin," but I don't know if that was an "official" name used by the production folks.

I thought that musical bit was available in the "Bat Works" section of the site, but it evidently isn't. I'll try to remember to offer it as an upload when I get to my home computer.

I use that musical "sting" as the text-message alert on my phone. I'm always amazed when it goes off in public (e.g. when I take the phone off Airplane Mode after a flight lands). Someone always recognizes it. I've even had a few strangers start singing "Na-na-na na-na-na..."

Cheers,

QQ
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Quillpen Quirch wrote:The little transitional video accompanied by that cue has long been referred to around here as a "batspin," but I don't know if that was an "official" name used by the production folks.

I thought that musical bit was available in the "Bat Works" section of the site, but it evidently isn't. I'll try to remember to offer it as an upload when I get to my home computer.

I use that musical "sting" as the text-message alert on my phone. I'm always amazed when it goes off in public (e.g. when I take the phone off Airplane Mode after a flight lands). Someone always recognizes it. I've even had a few strangers start singing "Na-na-na na-na-na..."

Cheers,

QQ
I figured the batspin was the scene transition spin with the bat.

Love the story of the strangers hearing your text alert and singing "Na-na-na-na-na-na-na..." :)