Billy Loyd JR sad news

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

svl

Re: Billy Loyd JR sad news

Post by svl »

May God bless you and your family, Billy Wayne. My heart breaks for Andrew.
doubleknotspy

Post by doubleknotspy »

Billy Wayne.... My wife and I sat with you and your father at the 2004 Austin show dinner. We so much enjoyed getting to know him and had stayed in touch over the years. Our prayers are with you as you deal with the grief.... We will miss your father and our hearts are broken over your loss
Batman6

Post by Batman6 »

To Billy Wayne and extended family,

My deepest condolences and sympathy to you and your family during this unforseen tragedy. Kathy (IrishMiss) and I have started both of our last two nightly conversations updating information on what has been seen here on the Board. I can't say that I understand what you're going through but I want you to know that there are people out there who do care and have been lifting you and your family up in prayer. Don't let the negative vibes from others get you down. Keep looking up for your strength. My heart goes out to you. I never met your dad but I spoke with him either here on the board or on Facebook. Hang in there!!!! :)

Bobbi Lynn :P
Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed; Roger, ready to move out!

January 12, 1966 - A day which will live in infamy; especially for us devoted 1966 Batman fans!
mista shake speer

Post by mista shake speer »

So sad. Billy Wayne. It took me a few years to coax your Dad down here to Florida, with the promise that me and Jerry would show Him and Andrew the time of their life. He made it and we all had the time of our life. I've got alot to say and pictures and videos for later. But for now I'm praying for you and your family. God Bless
John
Batfink

Post by Batfink »

I am so sorry for your loss Billy, and to your family as well.
Also to those on the board that knew Billy & Andrew well, my sympathies.
As Chaplin once said, "words seem so futile, so feeble".
Sweet Little Buttercup!
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Billy, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't begin to imagine the emotional rollercoaster you must be riding. Your Dad was the very first person I spoke to from this board back in 2005. I bought a set of his amazing Batman and Robin utility belts after he posted that they were for sale, and when they arrived I had to call him to tell him in person just how fantastic I thought they were. We saw each other a few times over the years at various shows, including the one in Ohio when he brought Andrew with him, and spoke a few times on the phone.

I will always have great memories of my time with him.

All the best to you.
Ivan Tabac
JOE NEST

Post by JOE NEST »

This is indeed extremely tragic & sad! My most sincere condolences, sympathies & prayers go out to Billy Wayne and his family.

I write this with a very heavy heart. I got to know Billy personally via this Bat Board. Over the years we contacted each other through PMs, emails & phone calls. In 2005 he graciously accepted my request to become Moderator on THE CAVE Board's TV BAT Forum. I knew he'd be up to the task of being a friendly & fair overseer.

Billy always had a way to make me laugh, his southern drawl was infectious!

He was indeed a very kind & generous fellow. Back in 2006 he held monthly giveaways in both BAT communities to celebrate the show's 40th anniversary. At his own expense, and without asking for anything in return, Billy would also randomly mail out Hot Wheels 1966 Batmobiles (or other collectible items) to some fellow board members - such a giving heart he had!

His prop-building talents were amazing. The custom-made BAT & HORNET props were the talk of our community!

What happened with Billy & his innocent son Andrew is definitely beyond comprehension, but I'd rather bless than judge. Billy would always end his emails to me with a blessing. I do the same for my Bat Bro now.

May God's Light shine eternally on the souls of Billy and Andrew, and may their spiritual journey be joyous & peaceful - blessed be!

This is a favorite photo of mine from 2006. He was surely in his BAT element!

Billy's own words:

Here's a pic of me in Dans car wearing the very first cowl I ever made!
I got Adam to sign it at the show!

The Joker

Post by The Joker »

Eternal rest grant unto him O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May he rest in peace

Very sad. He will be sorely missed here by many.
Titianhairedwench

Post by Titianhairedwench »

I know I left a message here yesterday, but can't find it. I don't even remember what I said as I was so shook up so I'll just say this:

Billy Wayne, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Zandra The Great

Post by Zandra The Great »

I just have to say how proud I am of Billy Wayne. Billy Wayne you have grown up into such a fine brave man. You have had to make decisions that are far from easy. I know your dad is so very proud of you!!

Please know that you, your dad and your brother will always have a special place in my heart. We have so enjoyed seeing you grow up. Time goes by so fast! I think it is safe for me to say that you always have a home here, people here that care about you and want you to be happy.

With the organ donation it will be nice to know that part of Andrew will live on. Lives can be saved by our superhero Andrew. I do know how hard it can be to decide, it takes great strength, which you have!!

Bless you and your family
batfan1705

Post by batfan1705 »

I am still shocked by the passing of this much beloved contributor to our small community. Although I never had the opportunity to meet him, his postings and other contributions will be sorely missed here.

All of my prayers for his family and friends.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Make them smile up there, Billy.

...no need to worry about that, because we know you will.

We may not understand why things moved in a certain direction here, but He knows, and in my humble opinion, He understands.
Beneath Wayne Manor
batmangreenhornet

Post by batmangreenhornet »

I have not been on the boards as of late.. I was sadden to read the news.. R.I.P.

David
Meule

Post by Meule »

I don't know what to say, words fail me...
RIP Billy
"...The agony of my soul found vent in one loud, long and final scream of despair..." - Edgar Allan Poe
Batmmannn

Post by Batmmannn »

I am so saddened by this I met Billy at the Novi 40th Anniversary with many of you. He was very friendly to myself and my young daughter only 3 at the time pictured in front. I don't understand how this could have happened. It is certainly tremendous tragedy. I was shocked to learn this. He was so much fun at Novi. My sympathies go out to his family and friends. We emailed a bit after Novi but lost touch with one another.