A possible fourth season of Batman.

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

bat lugosi

Re: A possible fourth season of Batman.

Post by bat lugosi »

Interesting ideas Elmrgraham and great comments from everyone.

Mr. Comic book, I enjoyed your post, I thought I was the only one here that liked the weird but romantic side between the Cat and the Bat.

Aside from the innuendos that the adults get I think it's played as a school girl crush so that the kids understand it on that level. I enjoy the comedy of Batman holding the beauty at arms length while she's crushing on him or trying to kill him lol, but as a reader of the comics the more serious relationship between Catwoman and Batman is fascinating.

I think the evil Catwoman certainly works and that can be interesting, but IMO you do lose something if there isn't some kind of attraction. I think what I liked about Catwoman's first episodes was the mood, sets and story...but not as much the Catwoman character or her non romantic relationship with Batman. I never cared much for the Sandman episodes she was in because the romance was barely hinted at ( and IMO it's not a great episode ). The Eartha Kitt Episodes did nothing for me. I think Catwoman could still be cool without the attraction, but the relationship wouldn't be as interesting IMO.

Also, Catwoman was still trying to kill Batman a lot of the time, for example the poison perfume lol...I do like that one minute she's crushing, the next she's trying to kill him and vice versa.

As for Selina Kyle, to me It's like this...Julie isn't playing the part of Selina Kyle, she's playing Catwoman, but Catwoman is Selina Kyle. It's just never mentioned or talked about, and maybe it's in the past, subjective maybe but that's how I see it.

A question for the haters of the schoolgirl crush Catwoman, is it that you dislike the silliness of it and the loss of an evil edge? Or is it you would rather not see them have a romance or physical attraction at all? And if the attraction isn't a problem but the execution is , how would you handle that aspect of the relationship? I'm very curious.

The only time the crush didn't work for me was the time they were sharing a milk shake, IMO that was a bit much.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

Much of the discussion of a possible 4th season of Batman has involved using villains based on trading cards, the Thorn in particular. While this idea is interesting, I think basing them on comic books would give the characters more scope. Would using Poison Ivy make more sense than the Thorn or could both reasonably appear. Just wondering.

Mr. Deathtrap
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

bat lugosi wrote:Interesting ideas Elmrgraham and great comments from everyone.

Mr. Comic book, I enjoyed your post, I thought I was the only one here that liked the weird but romantic side between the Cat and the Bat.

Anyway, sorry for the rambling.
Include me too. No, I enjoyed your post!!
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Mr. Deathtrap,Poison Ivy would definitely be included in a fourth season of Batman.I believe that she and The Thorn would both be excellent Batman Villainesses.Perhaps they could be teamed up against The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio in a Two Part Batman episode.Plus guest as Guest Villainesses,seperately of course.Keep the suggestions coming fellow Bat-Fans.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Any more new ideas or suggestions fellow Bat-Fans?
Batguy

Post by Batguy »

I think a new villainess named Doll Girl (played by Judy Strangis in her Dynagirl costume perhaps) could have worked for a couple of story arcs. I see the character similar to the Mad Hatter where the first arc would have her stealing/collecting rare dolls from the wealthy in Gotham City. The cliff hanger would have her trying to turn Batman and/or Robin into living dolls to add to her collection. When she returns for the 2nd arc, she would use her dolls (produced at an old abandoned doll factory of course) to help her commit crimes by selling them to the wealthy and have the dolls return to the factory with her plunder.

As an aside, I would have liked to see an overlapping of villains in a 4th season. Instead of a straight forward beginning to end with one criminal, throw in some scenes that hint towards an upcoming episode so that Batman has to figure out which criminal the crimes/clues point to.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I like Doll Girl as a Batman Villainess.Excellent idea.Any more ideas or suggestions,fellow Bat Fans?P.S.:I also agree with the overlapping of Villains/Villainesses in a 4th season of Batman.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

How about having Princess Python as a Batman Villainess for a fourth season of Batman.With the permission of Marvel Comics of course.Instead of battling Spider Man,she could match wits with or battle The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio.Princess Python could plunder Jewels,Gems,Cash,and Furs.Her goal would be Queen of The Criminal Underworld in Gotham City.Her costume would be the same that she wore against Spider Man.Of course,The Dynamic Duo/Terrific Trio would stand in the way of her ultimate goal.Tuesday Weld would be an excellent choice to play Princess Python.Any suggestions fellow Bat-Fans?
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

I just suggested a character named Princess Python in another thread, with no (conscious) idea such a character actually existed. Wow. Sounds like a great idea to me.

Cheers,

QQ
High C

Post by High C »

elmrgraham wrote:How about having Princess Python as a Batman Villainess for a fourth season of Batman.With the permission of Marvel Comics of course.
Good luck with that one.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Excellent Points,Quillpen Quirch and High C.Any other suggestions fellow Bat-Fans?
High C

Post by High C »

High C wrote:
elmrgraham wrote:How about having Princess Python as a Batman Villainess for a fourth season of Batman.With the permission of Marvel Comics of course.
Good luck with that one.
Sorry, should have included the sarcasm smiley. My bad.

My point was it's totally unrealistic because Marvel wouldn't agree to it in a billion years.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Ok.Any other ideas,fellow Bat-Fans?
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

You could use the male villain Copperhead instead. In this issue, Batgirl & Wonder Woman pretend to fall in love with Batman, but end up falling in love with him for real. With some subtle changes, (Julie) Catwoman could be substituted for Wonder Woman. And in the comic Batman is 'bitten' by Copperhead! I invision a great 3-part episode.

http://goodcomics.comicbookresources.co ... th-batman/
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.Any more Great Ideas,fellow Bat-Fans?