Woodrow Roosevelt High School!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

LA Batfan

Woodrow Roosevelt High School!

Post by LA Batfan »

I was on the 20th Century Fox lot the other day, and I thought you might want to see what the front of Dick Grayson's alma mater, Woodrow Rooselvelt High, looks like now ...
Attachments
fox.jpg
wr high.jpg
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: Woodrow Roosevelt High School!

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

Cool. Thanks :)

What else is still at Fox that is recognizeable besides the high school and the mansion? Since they filmed on 3 different lots, it sure gets confusing. LOL.
LA Batfan

Post by LA Batfan »

The same building was also the Gotham City Museum ...
Attachments
gc.jpg
fox.jpg
Batfan 66

Post by Batfan 66 »

Thanks for posting these!
Has the whole world gone batty!?!?
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Cool, Ralph! Thanks! I've been over there a few times over the past couple of years and didn't know about that.
High C

Post by High C »

Great stuff! Fun to see what the backlot sets look like now.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Batman6

Post by Batman6 »

I never realized the façade for the museum was also the high school. Awesome find. I will watch more closely as these episodes air.
Atomic batteries to power, turbines to speed; Roger, ready to move out!

January 12, 1966 - A day which will live in infamy; especially for us devoted 1966 Batman fans!
Ben Bentley

Post by Ben Bentley »

I acknowledged a few years ago that these were most likely the same building, but I was always convinced that it was over at WB. This would explain why we never saw anywhere similar enough whilst wandering the lot.
K.G. Bird

Post by K.G. Bird »

Ah, those were the days, when a criminal's most nefarious crime was ruining student morale by luring them with easy money and gimmicked milk machines.
"Really Dick! I fear some recent romantic interlude has fevered your imagination. Aunt Harriet is..utterly..beyond..reproach".
Gleeps, it's Batman

Any idea if the building from Scat Darn Catwoman is still there? From theTo The Batpoles site:
There is a long drawn out chase scene along the roof of the Fox studio offices before Catwoman falls to her death(?) again in the water below.
Scott Sebring
Site Admin

Post by Scott Sebring »

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote:Any idea if the building from Scat Darn Catwoman is still there? From theTo The Batpoles site:
There is a long drawn out chase scene along the roof of the Fox studio offices before Catwoman falls to her death(?) again in the water below.
That rooftop is part of some offices over at the Culver Studios lot and not Fox. That's still there and can be seen from one of the side streets(sorry, no photos.)
Gleeps, it's Batman

Oh cool, thanks Scott! It gets confusing as to what is located where since they used 3 studios. I was actually looking at that building at Culver with Bing's birdseye view a few weeks ago when I was looking at the mansion, but since the To The Batpoles site said it was at FOX, I thought maybe it was just a similar building and not the same one.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Great stuff!!! :D
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info