Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

marvelbloodhound

Re: Eli Wallach R.I.P.

Post by marvelbloodhound »

Sorry, meant box set. Spell check... :D
High C

Post by High C »

marvelbloodhound wrote:They should have a segment about him and the rest that have passed in the boxed set...
Would be a nice gesture but it's not feasible. What if somebody else dies between the time the set is produced and when it goes on sale?
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Gleeps, it's Batman wrote:Found this online:
The MeTV Network will pay tribute to the late Eli Wallach this Saturday (June 28). They will air both of his Batman episodes starting at 7:00pm ET, as a tribute.
http://blog.sitcomsonline.com/2014/06/a ... -with.html
In ME-TV's own anouncement, they have this little bit of info:

"Eli Wallach once stated that his two appearances on the Batman TV show (during which he portrayed the villain Mr. Freeze) garnered him more fan mail than any other role in his career."
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Oh no! How incredibly sad. He was my favorite Mr. Freeze & I actually just finished my 6inch custom I made of his version of mr freeze to go with the other mattel figures! I can't believe he is gone, however he did enjoy an incredible career & a long life. RIP
AHTrois

Post by AHTrois »

The loss of the third and last survivor of the Mr. Freeze actors, Eli Wallach, makes him the thirtieth Batvillain to leave us. :(

And Then There Were Seven:

• Julie Newmar (Catwoman #1)
  • Lee Meriwether (Catwoman #2)
  • Joan Collins (The Siren)
  • Zsa Zsa Gabor (Minerva)
  • Glynis Johns (Lady Penelope Peasoup)
  • Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle)
  • John Astin (Riddler #2)

Absent friends...
:cry:
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

John Astin is the lone male villain still remaining
High C

Post by High C »

AHTrois wrote:The loss of the third and last survivor of the Mr. Freeze actors, Eli Wallach, makes him the thirtieth Batvillain to leave us. :(

And Then There Were Seven:

• Julie Newmar (Catwoman #1)
  • Lee Meriwether (Catwoman #2)
  • Joan Collins (The Siren)
  • Zsa Zsa Gabor (Minerva)
  • Glynis Johns (Lady Penelope Peasoup)
  • Barbara Rush (Nora Clavicle)
  • John Astin (Riddler #2)

Absent friends...
:cry:
Eight, technically. Although it played more as a henchmoll role and I suspect she only was credited as an Extra Special Guest Villainess so she and her husband at the time (Cliff Robertson) would receive the same pay, Dina Merrill (Calamity Jan) is still with us at 88 years old.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17