Happy belated birthday Eileen O'Neill!

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Mr Chronos

Happy belated birthday Eileen O'Neill!

Post by Mr Chronos »

Just like to say a big belated Happy Birthday to the still gorgeous eileen o'neill aka the Clock King's criminal partner Millie-Second! She was born on the 3rd of July 1939! You can probaly guess due to my name she is my favorite bat-babe of the series. :D 8-) I thought she was great and an excellent foil for the rest of the gang. After having read her contribution to the Fantasy Femmes book with Tom Lasanti she comes across as super nice too! Many more happy returns Eileen! x x :) :)
Attachments
time for some crime millie!.jpg
time for some crime millie!.jpg (202.2 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
eileen today.jpg
eileen today.jpg (21.18 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
eileen 1968.jpg
eileen 1968.jpg (129.2 KiB) Viewed 4835 times
epaddon

Re: Happy belated birthday Eileen O'Neill!

Post by epaddon »

Eileen's best role IMO was her recurring part as Sergeant Gloria Ames on "Burke's Law" (1963-1965). She brought an interesting Miss Moneypenny style charm as the only beautiful lady that debonair Captain Amos Burke (Gene Barry) was always totally circumspect with! (much to her chagrin).
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Happy Birthday!!
High C

Post by High C »

epaddon wrote:Eileen's best role IMO was her recurring part as Sergeant Gloria Ames on "Burke's Law" (1963-1965). She brought an interesting Miss Moneypenny style charm as the only beautiful lady that debonair Captain Amos Burke (Gene Barry) was always totally circumspect with! (much to her chagrin).
I've seen some of those shows and she indeed was very good. It's a shame she was given so little to do on Batman.

Also would have been nice if they had given her a more interesting costume than her 'mod' mini-dress. How about something to really show off her 'hourglass' figure? :D
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
twint9

Post by twint9 »

Does anyone have any current information about her?
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

twint9 wrote:Does anyone have any current information about her?
She essentially retired after getting married in 1973/74, working for her husband's real estate firm. He died in 1997, and her attempts at getting back into acting even before then had the predictable results that happen to most middle-aged actresses.
Chief OHara

Post by Chief OHara »

anybody have any hints so I can get her autograph? Does she answer fan mail?
twint9

Post by twint9 »

I'd love to get her autograph as well, Al...I've sent out photos to her but had the wrong address.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Mr Chronos wrote:Just like to say a big belated Happy Birthday to the still gorgeous eileen o'neill aka the Clock King's criminal partner Millie-Second! She was born on the 3rd of July 1939! You can probaly guess due to my name she is my favorite bat-babe of the series.
My favorite also! Although I love several others. She had a very interesting look, and was obviously quite talented. Too bad she never got larger roles. Strangely enough, she attended Eartha Kitt’s dancing classes, and roomed with Burt Ward's future wife Kathy Kersh!

http://www.glamourgirlsofthesilverscree ... index.html

Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!