batman_01.jpg
elmrgraham

Re: July 23rd is Batman's 75th Birthday

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
popculturetonight

Post by popculturetonight »

Happy Batman Day! with this REWIND from my radio talk show, Pop Culture Tonight: with Patrick Phillips -- Enjoy! http://popculturetonight.com/62114-batm ... d-buckley/

AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Events all over the country-- very cool, but I'd love to know how they came up with the date-- Batman was first published in May 1939 which means it was likely on stands around March of that year. The comics once listed Bruce Wayne's Birthday as being somewhere in the Fall-- one Bat Bible I had access to said he was a Capricorn which puts it sometime in December.
HolyRobinFan!❤

Post by HolyRobinFan!❤ »

Happy 75th Birthday to Batman!!! Today and every day!!!
Yay! :D
Shemp

Post by Shemp »

AndyFish wrote:I'd love to know how they came up with the date-- Batman was first published in May 1939 which means it was likely on stands around March of that year.
Warner/DC intentionally "fudged" the date so that it would coincide with the first day of SDCC, and could be tied into that weekend's publicity machine.
Batman

Post by Batman »

Instead of the publishing date for Batman's first comic book appearance, could it be this was the date Bob Kane conceived the idea for Bat-Man?

Any how, Happy Birthday me... er, oops, Happy Birthday Batman!
To the Batpole!
Batman Buddy 2012

Post by Batman Buddy 2012 »

Yes Happy 75th Birthday Batman!!! :) :) Happy Batman Day!!! :) :)
Attachments
10557423_492052167597626_2625236809311198720_n.jpg
svl

Post by svl »

Did everyone get their '66 Batmask today? I went to two events, one at a comic shop and one at B&N. Masks were a BEAR to get- I did get lucky and score a '66 at one event and my boy got the Capullo at the other.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

I went to a comic shop in the late afternoon, and it was empty except for a couple of customers. They had the end of the '66 movie playing on a big screen tv when I walked in, and by the time I left they had started the movie over and were at the shark scene.

Since the place was empty, no problem getting the '66 mask or free comic, though I was originally handed another mask so I asked for the '66 one instead.

Hopefully traffic picked up later on, though this store had moved from where it had been in the mall and is now the only store in a little alcove on the third floor of the mall. I actually had a hard time figuring out where it was.
Mitchotron

Post by Mitchotron »

My comic shop was full at opening. Took two co workers. One was transported back to his childhood, the other got some Green Arrow stuff for her kid. We all got the free special Detective #27 and a Batman mask. I got the 66 version, duh. I get home and the wife had a present for me, a Funko Pop Batmobile.

Oh and she let me dye might tights in the front loader today. She's Awesome! :)

Happy Batman Day to me, indeed.
"My brain drenched mind has done it again!"
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I suspected it was related to comic con.
If Bob Kane ever came up with an original idea and it gets discovered (and verified) we certainly should celebrate that. ;)
gothosmansion

Post by gothosmansion »

I think Bruce's birthday was given as February 19 in an old issue of Batman Family, but that was probably randomly chosen by the story's writer (Bob Rozakis).
Yellow Oval

Post by Yellow Oval »

Well, right date or wrong date - are we getting cake and balloons? I want blue and yellow icing on grey cake. Grey cake? Is that possible or is that a health dept. violation? :lol:
"Hmmm... I don't like the twist this joke is taking. Let us away! Let us away!"
Sol

Post by Sol »

I went to the Batman Day celebration at Barnes and Noble. Only about a dozen folk showed up. I won far too much fun-size candy answering the Riddler's riddles from the TV show. I encouraged the young man conducting the proceeding to start off each with "Riddle me this . . .", and he humored the old man. Won the mini-batsignal in the raffle, too. Darn thing even lights up. Pretty swell. Whoever thought the gadget up deserves a pat on the tush.