Batman and Robin vs Pirates

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Robin Holyisms

Batman and Robin vs Pirates

Post by Robin Holyisms »

Can anybody give me any information about this question that my friend has asked me about?. Because i had never heard about this until my friend mentioned it to me.
Did adam west and burt ward (or anyone else) portray batman and robin on an awards show (the emmys maybe) in the late 1970s, in a short “fight scene” where Batman and robin fought pirates? And after batman and robin had defeated the pirates, they all stood up and took a bow as the audience applauded.
John Mack

Re: Batman and Robin vs Pirates

Post by John Mack »

That would be ABC's 25th anniversary special. It had a tribute to Batman as one of it's skits. It wasn't Adam and Burt as the Duo, but they were in the audience. As someone just mentioned on the board, they didn't act that thrilled, but at the end, they took a bow. Someone here can locate the clip or you can search Youtube for it. I'm again stuck with only my phone and can't copy and paste links for some reason.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lord Death Man

Post by Lord Death Man »

It is right here. Thanks to you both for bringing it up and identifying it respectively.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Sol

Post by Sol »

Thanks for posting this video, Lord Death Man. Tons of fun!
monitor_earthprime

Post by monitor_earthprime »

You could have looked on my site, it has been on there for some time know.

http://comic-books-in-the-media.wikia.c ... to_Batman)
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Custom figures site
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

It may HAVE BEEN on your site, but the error message says it doesn't exist now.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
monitor_earthprime

WB has been pulling Batman '66 footage off of Youtube including the rare footage. I have in saved to my computer and need to find another site to archive my collection so it can be shared.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Robin Holyisms

Post by Robin Holyisms »

monitor_earthprime wrote:You could have looked on my site, it has been on there for some time know.

I'm actually very aware of the ABC 25TH anniversary, I only created this thread because i thought that the question referred to some other footage that i haven't seen yet. Which i think is very reasonable since i always seem to be finding new footage relating to the series.

And yes iv'e looked at your wiki page and I appreciate everything that you are doing with it.
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

The newly filmed sequences were very nice! I'd like to know the story behind them, but I doubt we ever will, unless someone involved comes forward. The ninja bit was very very good! But I really disliked the clips they chose to represent 'Batman'. It made it seem like nothing but a comedy show.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Batguitarist wrote: As someone just mentioned on the board, they didn't act that thrilled, but at the end, they took a bow.
I remember that special--and I too wonder why Adam & Burt were so..down. They appeared to be disappointed, or perhaps embarrassed.

Someone should ask A & B if they have any worthwhile memories of the special.
Beneath Wayne Manor
monitor_earthprime

I have now added screen captures to the page from the special. After looking at it I can see why they may have been unpset, The Batgirl just does not look right.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

BATWINGED HORNET wrote:
Batguitarist wrote: As someone just mentioned on the board, they didn't act that thrilled, but at the end, they took a bow.
I remember that special--and I too wonder why Adam & Burt were so..down. They appeared to be disappointed, or perhaps embarrassed.

I saw that when it aired. It seem to me at the time that there didn't seem to be much warmth between Adam & Burt. Actually none. Adam offered his hand and Burt shook it, but they barely looked at each other. It's possible they didn't like the laughs. Adam definitely looked embarrassed, but covered it as well as he could. Seeing it now, the whole thing sort of baffles me.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

Progress Pigment wrote:
BATWINGED HORNET wrote:

I saw that when it aired. It seem to me at the time that there didn't seem to be much warmth between Adam & Burt. Actually none. Adam offered his hand and Burt shook it, but they barely looked at each other. It's possible they didn't like the laughs. Adam definitely looked embarrassed, but covered it as well as he could. Seeing it now, the whole thing sort of baffles me.
Just guessing, but they seem embarrassed. It was not that long after the series' end, so it--through memory and reruns--was in the memories of the public, which makes one wonder why the tribute was turned into a strange dance routine more at home on old episodes of Hullabaloo, than the tribute.
Beneath Wayne Manor
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

I don't know. I find it odd that they'd have a Batman tribute at all after what ABC did. I mean think about it. They cancelled the show, they destroyed the Batcave, and they acted liked Batman was just a silly little show. I believe they had the tribute to Batman because they KNOW that Batman saved their network. ABC was in search of a hit just for that reason and Batman delivered! It could be that Adam and Burt's reaction was one of.."Ok, these guys shunned us, and now they're paying homage to us? HOLY TWO-TIMERS!"

John
Music. BAT! Music.