Finally, some news about NY Comic Con!

'66 Batman oriented TV and Movie Appearances, Conventions, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

rickrickrick

Finally, some news about NY Comic Con!

Post by rickrickrick »

From a WB press release today:

"Holy Bat Panels!

Fans will get all the details on the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment puts Adam West center-stage for a Bat-tastic look at "Batman: The Complete TV Series" during a special Thursday, October 9 panel at New York Comic Con.

Starting at 6:45pm on the Main Stage in the Jacob Javits Convention Center, fans in attendance - and those live-streaming the panel at home - will get an inside sneak peak at all the exclusive content in this long-awaited home entertainment release, as well as dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20292#ixzz3DWaKIlq4"

Yay! I hope this means Adam and Burt will be in attendance the whole con. I've seen no other announcement yet.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
Gleeps, it's Batman

Re: Finally, some news about NY Comic Con!

Post by Gleeps, it's Batman »

rickrickrick wrote:From a WB press release today:

Starting at 6:45pm on the Main Stage in the Jacob Javits Convention Center, fans in attendance - and those live-streaming the panel at home - will get an inside sneak peak at all the exclusive content in this long-awaited home entertainment release, as well as dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series.
Oh cool! So does this mean that those of us not in attendance at this Con can watch from home for for free? Hope somebody brings this thread to the top as a reminder before the date.
Mauled Vader

Post by Mauled Vader »

It looks like it's "just" Adam that's going to be there to me...No mention of Burt.

The REALLY interesting thing to me is WHERE these special features with Adam were filmed!!!...(See the 0:34 mark and after!)...

...RALPH'S BEEN KEEPING SECRETS!!! :shock:
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

STILL no mention of him on the web site.
Maybe he is just coming in for this?
I act the riddler

Post by I act the riddler »

Looking forward to it !
Please do not embed videos into signatures.
- The management.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

Finally, something posted on the official site today:

http://nycc14.mapyourshow.com/6_0/sessi ... d=84004837

Adam West & Batman: The Complete Television Series
Thu. October 9| 6:45 PM - 7:45 PM | Main Stage 1-D

Holy Bat Panels! Get all the details on the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment puts Adam West center-stage for a Bat-tastic look at "Batman: The Complete TV Series." You’ll get an inside sneak peek at all the exclusive content, as well as dazzling HD remastered footage from the landmark series. "Batman: The Complete TV Series" will be released on November 11, 2014.

Speakers: Adam West

So, no Burt or Julie scheduled. Bummer. I mean, Adam's great and all, but this is a real let down from the trio that appeared at SDCC.

PS - He is ONLY listed as a speaker at the panel Thursday - no autographs, no photo ops, no other days.

RRR
The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
BatBob

Post by BatBob »

Yeah, just heard that the panel is the ONLY 1966 Batman event scheduled for the entire NYCC. And yup... no others but Adam just for the panel. :(

So... I will be there on Saturday with a Catwoman. Who else is going? I'd love to try for a photo shoot.
rickrickrick

Post by rickrickrick »

I was planning on being there all day Saturday - and Thursday, and part of Friday - but I may have to bail on the whole thing. Daughter is sick.

RRR
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

I'll be there Sunday.
Looking forward to it, size and attendance wise it's bigger than San Diego.
Gleeps, it's Batman

rickrickrick wrote:From a WB press release today:

"Holy Bat Panels!

Fans will get all the details on the most anticipated home entertainment release in fanboy history when Warner Bros. Home Entertainment puts Adam West center-stage for a Bat-tastic look at "Batman: The Complete TV Series" during a special Thursday, October 9 panel at New York Comic Con.

Taken from: http://tvshowsondvd.com/n/20292#ixzz3DWaKIlq4"

Yay! I hope this means Adam and Burt will be in attendance the whole con. I've seen no other announcement yet.

RRR
I watched the live streaming. (Thankfully I remembered about it minutes before it started.) Mostly the same old stuff from Adam ("Just send the check" etc) and they blacked out the sneek peek DVD clips again, and even blacked out the tour of Ralph's Bat collection. Perhaps someone videoing it there will put it on youtube, but I did record the audio of it off the internet with Sound Recorder (.wma file) in case anyone is interested in it.
ronhallau

Post by ronhallau »

I am interested Gleeps, pm me.
Gleeps, it's Batman

PM sent.
Gleeps, it's Batman

http://comicbook.com/2014/10/10/george- ... bin-movie/

George Clooney Asks Adam West To Hit Him Over Batman & Robin Movie

George Clooney, still on his honeymoon after his recent wedding, made a surprise appearance at New York Comic Con, during the panel for his upcoming film Tomorrowland, walking out just as co-star Hugh Laurie was saying some unflattering things about him.

After Clooney explained that this was his first Comic Con, panel moderator Chris Hardwick complimented Clooney on his superb Bruce Wayne cosplay, which led to some conversation about Batman & Robin, the film in which Clooney played Batman.

“I think since my Batman, I was disinvited from Comic Con for 20 years,” Clooney joked.

Clooney also mentioned that he met Adam West, the Batman of the 1960s television series, at the convention and felt apologetic.

“I met Adam West back there, just now, and I was like ‘hey, I’m really sorry,’” Clooney said.

Always gracious, West offered Clooney a fist bump, but Clooney he’d rather he have just hit him.
tanino008

Post by tanino008 »

Hey guys here is a set of Pics of the Adam West Press Conference that took place on Thursday October 9 at 1:30pm at the New York Comic con.

He was super marvelous, greeting every member of the Press that came to interview him, it was very well done and personally I had to put aside my work as a reporter and admire my childhood idol and enjoy this wonderful event.

Soon I will upload the video, for now enjoy the pictures.

https://plus.google.com/103973843589240 ... SkbAYn2oPq
Feel free to visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/gamcanal04
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

NYCC is getting to rival San Diego in a lot of ways-- size, attendance.
They do a nice job of eliminating lines, or at least from what I could see since I had a pass to get in. I've always liked these guys and there was some '66 Bat-stuff on display;

1- Mattel Batman Cowl was displayed under glass-- I think it was the Diamond booth. If you've only seen pics of it you've not gotten a real look, it's so much nicer in person.

2- Batman and Robin bust banks-- they had them displayed at the Diamond Booth-- Robin is excellent, Batman is just slightly off, but still worth getting.

3- The Adam West figure from Go-HERO-- I love these guys. The figure is based on the comic book, and it's a little off from the side, front view it's quite nice. They have the ascot which is a nice touch.

As an aside, I got this from Go Hero-- any Doc Savage fans will recognize the James Bama style here, I also have the Golden Age version-- Doc was the inspiration for both Superman and The Fantastic Four and this figure is outstanding, showing you what Go will do when they finally get the license for the serial Batman (fingers crossed).

4- The Rubies Batman costumes from the show-- jeez this was awful even on the display. The Batgirl looked decent but man oh man what happened to Batman?

I saw a few cosplayers-- an excellent Penguin and Catwoman, a 66 Batman and I think I saw The Joker but to be honest the crowd was so intense it was hard to get around. I had a few quick meetings, picked up some great art and then met my wife in the city for a late lunch.

I spoke to a couple of my contacts at some of the companies there, and more Batman '66 merchandise IS in the works, some of which will be really great. Sales have been stronger than expected on a 48 year old property.

Overall, an insane convention.