Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by John Mack »

That Batmobile is worse than any Husky or Corgi ever was. Ya know why? Mattel covered the number 1 car with dust and took hundreds of photos to get the specs on the car. They spent weeks taking even more photos and measurements. And look at that model! I could spend pages describing all the mistakes, but just to mention only one that even novices look at and shake their heads: ROCKET TUBES!

John
Music. BAT! Music.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Don't care about another Batmobile so I opted for the Blu Ray at BatmanonDVD.com -- I think Amazon will ship faster and I still have the DVD ordered thru them-- do I need both? Will I cancel my DVD order? Tune in tomorrow-- Same Bat Time, Same Bat Channel!

And interesting to note-- BULLMOOSE now has the Blu Ray for $212
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

went to hit the buy button at Bullmoose and they went UP 62 bucks. Good luck with that price match at amazon now.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

I just saw on another forum that there is a comic shop exclusive blu Ray set with a hardcover book. Anyone have any idea about that version?

Update
A PREVIEWS EXCLUSIVE! INCLUDES AN EXCLUSIVE HARDCOVER EDITION OF BATMAN: THE TV STORIES!

The iconic Dynamic Duo has been captured, along with a legion of abominable archenemies in a POW-erful numbered limited-edition collection. Featuring ALL 120 original broadcast episodes, ever popular guest stars like Julie Newmar and Cesar Romero, The Adam West Scrapbook, complete episode guide - and exploding with over 3 hours of all new extras - you can bring home all the crime fighting action that won generations of fans - plus a new, expanded hardcover edition of BATMAN: THE TV STORIES!

Includes:
ALL 120 Original Broadcast Episodes Fully Remastered In HD

Highly Collectible Premiums

Hot Wheels Replica Batmobile

The Adam West Scrapbook

44 Vintage Trading Cards

Ultraviolet Digital Copy

32-Page Complete Episode Guide

Over 3 Hours of ALL-NEW Extras:
Hanging with Batman - A true slice of life in the words of Adam West

Holy Memorabilia Batman! - A journey into the most sought after collectables through the eyes of 3 extraordinary collectors

Batmania Born! - Building the World of Batman - Explore the art and design behind the fiction

Bats of the Round Table - A candid conversation with Adam West and his celebrity friends chatting all things Bat '66.

Inventing Batman in the words of Adam West (episode 1 & 2) - A rare treat for the fans as Adam discusses his script notes on bringing Batman to life in the first and second episodes

Na Na Na Batman! - Hollywood favorites stars and producers recount their favorite Batman memories.

This Previews exclusive includes a new edition of BATMAN: THE TV STORIES, offered in hardcover for the first time and expanded to 192 pages with 3 digital-first stories featuring The Joker, Catwoman and Egghead!

- See more at: http://www.alteregocomics.com/dc-comics ... JWY84.dpuf
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Lou
It includes the hardcover version of the Batman '66 comic book.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

Hi Andy,
It is a comic, but it's the TV stories from the comics.

Let's see if the link works
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
wayoutjunk

Post by wayoutjunk »

Amazon wasn't interested in price matching for me, but I did report Bullmoose's lower price on the Blu-Ray to them. Now I see that today Amazon has gone down to (and Bullmoose has gone up to) $174.97.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

My bad, yes you are correct. If you were to buy every version of this being released you would be in for close to $1k! Has there ever been a release that had this many options on release day? I can imagine what they'll roll out for Xmas and Black Friday.
Jim K, Bat fan

Post by Jim K, Bat fan »

The Joker wrote:Woo-Hoo!!! I too have contacted Amazon and negotiated the $149 price by way of a refund follow-up once the Blu-ray set is shipped. Thanks to Jim K. for the bullmoose.com link and heads-up and Mike Mulitsch for the Amazon price-match info!!!
I'm glad some of us were able to get a better price. In hindsight, I wonder if bullmoose had the wrong price for the Blu-ray set, seeing as how they have adjusted it...
TBolt

Post by TBolt »

they told me it was a preorder price that they ended. So I looked at Amazon and I have to pay sales tax, so I might as well pick it up at WalMart.
To the Bat-Elephant!!
LA Batfan

Post by LA Batfan »

I can't believe it's finally in my hands! Can't wait to start digging in tonight! It's gonna be a Bat-Blu-Ray marathon weekend! LOL
Attachments
bat blu.jpg
svl

Post by svl »

Ralph, are the bumpers intact? Let us know! :)
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Well...I pre-ordered the BluRay thinking there'd be a price drop between then and now, but it looks like it's $175 to stay. Since I won't have a window to watch any of it until several days after the release date, I just canceled my pre-order.

Yes, I want it very badly. But I'm so overwhelmed by all the versions coming from here and there that I just want to settle down and wait for some feedback. (I think this comic book version put me over the edge...I like that premium best so far.) I don't know if anyone else is feeling this way...if I had Tuesday night to myself, I'd stick with it...but since I don't, I'm waiting and seeing. There may even be a huge deal that pops up unexpected from somewhere...and I'm sure this is the place to find out when it happens :)

ETA: Jeezum...the comic book version is $254, and pre-sold out. :roll:
Ktrek

Post by Ktrek »

It's very likely also that if you change your mind and pre-order again you won't get it on release day now. I think Amazon will wind up having the most recent orders on backorder. Happened to me not long back and I'm a Prime member. I had to wait almost four weeks to get the item. I would have had it release day but silly me I cancelled thinking I might could find a better deal elsewhere. So, good luck HerryGrail.
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

Yikes! Never thought of that! But it's not so much price as "package." I want to see what people have to say about the different options they chose. And I do hope the demand has been well-anticipated so the supply meets it...with an entire website and infomercial campaign devoted to it, I think Warners (and Amazon) expects a hit.

ETA: Looks like I canceled just in time. Now you have to pick "one day shipping" to get it on release day.