Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
benderdalek

Re: Batman TV series DVD set in 2014!!

Post by benderdalek »

Ktrek wrote:
BatTime wrote: Actually it could still be delivered by USPS on Tuesday.The postal service also does not deliver on Sundays but I have gotten packages delivered by USPS on Sundays from Amazon many many times. They must have some special contract with USPS.

And for those of you freaking out about whether it comes on Tuesday or Wednesday do you know how crazy you sound? Is it really all THAT important? One day will not make a difference but if Amazon doesn't deliver on Tuesday you can request a refund on the shipping costs and they will oblige.

Kevin
USPS does not deliver on Veteran's Day.
I would like it Tuesday, but if I have to wait I have to wait. I have waited over 18 years for this set not like another week is going to kill me just because Amazon did not ship the set early.
NuRF

Post by NuRF »

Just woke up to my 'Despatch Notification' from Amazon UK. :-)
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

Got my Amazon shipping notice this morning!
TysonL

Post by TysonL »

Not sure if this was answered yet so I will ask. With the Batmanondvd set, does it ship out after the first payment then do they charge you monthy for the remainder or do they ship it out after all payments are made?
Spikor1982

Post by Spikor1982 »

Mine is at UPS, Hold for pickup, going to sneak out and grab it, ups is only a few blocks from my work. so it will be sitting on my desk all day taunting me.
“It is the duty of every good citizen of Gotham City to report meeting a man from Mars in a public park."
HerryGrail

Post by HerryGrail »

They're out at FYEs today; just confirmed by phone with the manager at my mall.

They put the Tuesday releases out today because tomorrow's a holiday. Price is $199.99 for Blu and she had three on the floor. If you try their member program for free for 30 days you can get 10 percent off and pay $179.99; just remember to cancel it if you don't want to be charged after the month is up. (DVD sets are supposed to be the $134.99 price to members though I didn't confirm it with her.)
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

TysonL wrote:Not sure if this was answered yet so I will ask. With the Batmanondvd set, does it ship out after the first payment then do they charge you monthy for the remainder or do they ship it out after all payments are made?
I didn't buy from that website, but I would call the toll free number and talk to them to see how they deal with that.
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
artsEgal

Post by artsEgal »

TysonL wrote:Not sure if this was answered yet so I will ask. With the Batmanondvd set, does it ship out after the first payment then do they charge you monthy for the remainder or do they ship it out after all payments are made?
"Offer Terms: You will be charged today for your first of 5 monthly payments of $34.99. Applicable taxes will be included in your first payment. Standard Shipping is FREE. If you are not satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply return it within 60 days to receive a full refund. Restrictions may apply. "

My order confirmation also says "Your order will arrive on November 11 or shortly thereafter".
Still have not received a shipping confirmation yet.

Yes. They charge the first payment, then ship the order.
"He ponders the problem of how to make better a world where evil brings profit and virtue none at all..."
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup BATMANONDVD ships it after your first payment-- don't know how they do that.
Ordered the blu through them and just ordered the individual Season 1 DVD from Amazon today with guaranteed delivery of tomorrow. I don't have a Blu player in the bedroom and Mrs Fish is getting Sailor Moon in so we won't have to fight for a TV this week.

I'm also not sure if my laptop plays blu rays so I'll be able to watch Season One in my studio too. This is it folks-- the day we've all been waiting for, doubted would ever come, and now it's here!
TheBlueHombre

Post by TheBlueHombre »

My bluray set from Amazon.com has shipped. It will be here tomorrow as the distribution warehouse is only 40 miles from my house. I also have it set up with Amazon to receive text messages with shipping updates as the package moves along.

I have waited 48 years to own this show. It is finally happening. I hope I can sleep tonight. It's like the night before Christmas . . . only better!
Same Bat-Time
Same Bat-Channel
Same Perilous Predicament
scottmandew

Post by scottmandew »

Got my shipping notice today and my set will be here tomorrow as well. Now I just have to get through 8 hours of work and a mandatory company meeting at the end of the day before I can come home and finally hold the set in my hands! I have a feeling it's going to be a long day tomorrow... at least until I get home from work. Then the time will fly!
We thought we'd have to teach our son about the world. Turns out we have to teach the world about our son. They see a boy who cannot speak. We see a miracle who doesn't need words.
http://www.ourjourneywithoneofgodsmirac ... gspot.com/
NJ_Batfan

Post by NJ_Batfan »

TheBlueHombre wrote:My bluray set from Amazon.com has shipped. It will be here tomorrow as the distribution warehouse is only 40 miles from my house. I also have it set up with Amazon to receive text messages with shipping updates as the package moves along.

I have waited 48 years to own this show. It is finally happening. I hope I can sleep tonight. It's like the night before Christmas . . . only better!
The batfans were nestled
All snug in their beds
While visions of BluRay discs
Danced in their heads ;)
seanrt

Post by seanrt »

Definitely an exciting night. A little bittersweet, there will never be another product release of any kind that I look forward to as much as this one.
mikechrisphil

Post by mikechrisphil »

Yes, kind of bitter sweet. But, tomorrow, I will wake up in a world in which I can walk into a local merchant and plop down $175 (give or take) and walk out owning a wonderful piece of my childhood that I enjoyed in 1966-68 (when I was between 6-8 yrs old). I would have never imagined then that at age 54, the show I loved in fuzzy black and white, would all fit in a small box for viewing in HD when ever I wanted to watch.
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

Amazon sent Ship notice. My Blu ray Limited edition will arrive tomorrow as schedule.
my wife is my Batgirl