Molls: Who was the most effective?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Lee Kirkham

Molls: Who was the most effective?

Post by Lee Kirkham »

OK Batfans, give me your best reasoning on who you thought was the most effective moll. We're not looking for merely great looks ("arm candy"), we want to know who you thought was as integral as the villains themselves in making the crime a success.

Who was the most effective Moll?
I find you to be odious, abhorrent and insegrevious.
Lord Death Man

Re: Molls: Who was the most effective?

Post by Lord Death Man »

Lotus in the second Louie The Lilac episode, since Louie's plan (such as it was ;) ) hinged almost completely on her scientific knowledge and abilities. She was one of the few molls that actually did something, not just being a 'gopher' or distraction.
He flies and fights-BATMAN!
Purity and virtue-BATMAN!
Cowards run away!
Batman saves the day!
Also, Boy Wonder Robin.
Batman and Robin-caped crusaders at night!
BIFF! POW! BAM! BATMAN!
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Pauline (Sherry Jackson) from the Riddler silent film caper. She helps set up the theater robbery, then maneuvers her way into Mother Gotham's Bakery. She gasses Robin, then when she is caught, she is defiant in not helping Batman. Only when she is taken to the Batcave does she unknowingly give away the information.
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

Well of course I think Riddler's Pauline was the best. She clearly enjoyed being almost as evil as Riddler himself. Just look at how happy she was while gassing Robin, knowing the Riddler wants to shove him off a roof.

There is also Astin-Riddler's Anna Graham. She's so evil she is not the least bit sorry for her teaming with Riddler. In fact she is literally dragged away kicking and screaming in the end. She even whines early in part 1 that she want's to go a long with him on the underwater bank robbery. Not the kind of girl you want to take home to meet your mother. :)
Pengy

Post by Pengy »

Chickadee. Any moll who is nasty enough to pull a gun on Aunt Harriet and threaten to blow her brains out is instant awesome.
clavierankh

Post by clavierankh »

Pengy wrote:Chickadee. Any moll who is nasty enough to pull a gun on Aunt Harriet and threaten to blow her brains out is instant awesome.
And she had one of the sexiest costumes.
Jim Akin

Post by Jim Akin »

Lisa, in the first Mad Hatter outing. She handled several undercover assignments with aplomb, and clearly enjoyed Tetch's companionship. She even gets extremely excited over the idea of processing our heroes in the Hatter's hat factory.

Cheers,

QQ
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

Pussycat was the key to Catwoman's plan to recruit Batman and Robin into her gang while buying the plans to the mint and looting it. Pussycat drugged Robin and put him in Catwoman's power. This allowed her to use the threat against the Boy Wonder to hold Batman at bay. This gambit, of course, failed. So, she arranges for Robin to murder his mentor if he does not join her. Also, early on, Pussycat being unknown to the polcie throws our heroes off track until Catwoman's choice of robbing Wayne Manor puts Batman back on her scent like a blookhound.

Riddler's first moll, Molly, was essential to his plan to pentrate the Batcave.

Mr. Deathtrap

PS: I want to give honorable mention to Legs Parker, who was unappreciated by her villanous mother. Legs was willing and eager to be bad and smart enough to bail on the family when she realized Batman had outwitted them. If she hadn't been at a prison, she might well have escaped.
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
BatDavidEvanSmith

Post by BatDavidEvanSmith »

BLAZE!!!!

She was more a co-villainess than even FF's moll. Complete partnership and a keystone holding FF's entire operation together. Hands down.
"When we get to the royal oil boiling room, be sure to prepare some real boiling royal boiling oil to boil the boy wonder in... royally."
Riddler Fan

Post by Riddler Fan »

I judge the moll's level of villainy not so much by what they did with their respective villain/villainess, rather if at the end they relished or regretted their deeds.
High C

Post by High C »

Mr. Deathtrap wrote: PS: I want to give honorable mention to Legs Parker, who was unappreciated by her villanous mother. Legs was willing and eager to be bad and smart enough to bail on the family when she realized Batman had outwitted them. If she hadn't been at a prison, she might well have escaped.
Agreed, but she wasn't very effective as a henchmoll, considering Batman tricked her into leaving the room where they were being held and that enabled them to escape.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
High C

Post by High C »

BatDavidEvanSmith wrote:BLAZE!!!!

She was more a co-villainess than even FF's moll. Complete partnership and a keystone holding FF's entire operation together. Hands down.
I agree with you. As portrayed by Myrna Fahey, Blaze had legitimate villainess potential.

And she did her job quite well.
'I thought Siren was perfect for Joan.'--Stanley Ralph Ross, writer of 'The Wail of the Siren'

My hobbies include gazing at the Siren and doing her bidding, evil or otherwise.

'She had a devastating, hypnotic effect on all the men.'--A schoolmate describing Joan Collins at age 17
Mr. Deathtrap

Post by Mr. Deathtrap »

Citizens,

I nominated: Legs Parker for honorable mention. Who was unappreciated by her villanous mother. Legs was willing and eager to be bad and smart enough to bail on the family when she realized Batman had outwitted them. If she hadn't been at a prison, she might well have escaped.

High C correctly noted:

Agreed, but she wasn't very effective as a henchmoll, considering Batman tricked her into leaving the room where they were being held and that enabled them to escape.

The Dynamic Duo's escape is the reason I don't argue strongly for her nomination as most effective outright. (This fact and that her mother would have preferred to leave her behind somewhere.) Regardless, I attribute Batman persuading her to leave them alone to his being a master of psychology playing on Ma Parker's obviious bias agaisnt her and sibling rivalry.

Batman is, after all, "not just anyone." Also, if we rated the villains based on their ability to bump off Batman none of them would be very effective. We consider Penguin a criminal genius based on a lot of near misses.

Mr. Deathtrap

PS: The case for Blaze is very strong. Her method for saving Batman's life was very clever and executed within 60 seconds of leaving Batman and Robin to be diced by an oncoming train. Amazing!
Tune in for their exciting conclusion. Same Bat-Time! Same Bat - Channel!
Quarhog

Post by Quarhog »

High C wrote:

I agree with you. As portrayed by Myrna Fahey, Blaze had legitimate villainess potential.

And she did her job quite well.
Too bad she went straight at the end...
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

Blaze was tough as heck. Definitely a steel magnolia. I love Molly, but her loyalty to The Riddler is very questionable, and seriously, Blaze would not have gone into the atomic pile! And the idea of Blaze going to work as a sheep herder at the end of the episode :roll: is the only stupid thing in this storyline. Really a great episode, and a top 5 moll to boot.
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!