What I wish would have happened...

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Sidekick

What I wish would have happened...

Post by Sidekick »

...if there was a 4th season:

1) Batgirl and Batman & Robin find out each other's secret identities.
2) There is another Batman/Green Hornet crossover (sans Col. Gumm).
3) Sherry Jackson dons a red wig and becomes Poison Ivy.
4) Bookworm returns.
5)Batgirl does the "batclimb" and Bruce & Dick does the "window/cameo" appearance...or
6) Elvis does the window cameo and says "You look kind of familiar."

Anyone else have any wishes?
WayneGrayson

Re: What I wish would have happened...

Post by WayneGrayson »

If there was a season four, bring back the two-part cliffhanger and cut the self-parody. Bring back the first season mix of serious/humorous and forget the overly-campy latter season two and all of season three.

If there was a fourth season, and if the ratings didn't improve, then give them a real final episode in which our heroes remove their masks for real and call it a day. Bruce, Dick and Barbara remove their masks exposing their faces to Commissioner Gordon and Chief O'Hara. All good shows must come to an end, and anything would have been an improvement over the Minerva episode. It wouldn't have been so bad if the episode existed, but it's a horrible season-ender not to mention a series-ending storyline.
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Maybe added The Sea Hag,a scuba diving villainess from the 1966 Batman Topps Card 14a:"Danger In The Depths."
BrianPGH

Post by BrianPGH »

If there were a 4th season, like WayneGrayson, I would have loved a return of the two-part cliffhanger.

Also, I think it would have been good to have a few episodes here and there, where Batgirl had a more minor role or wasn't in the episode at all (as much as I love both the character and Yvonne Craig), to focus on the chemistry between the Dynamic Duo.

Conversely, a couple of stand-alone solo spotlight episodes for Batgirl would have been great (for example, I'm thinking that if they had any three-parters in Season 4, the episode airing the day after Part 3, could have been a stand-alone Batgirl spotlight).
Riddlersgurl

Post by Riddlersgurl »

1. Give Robin a steady girlfriend with her OWN secret identity! And make her the daughter of one of his deadliest enemies; the Riddler! Both of them about the same age, but she's sneakier, cannier, and has more than a bit of a grudge against both Batman and Robin, as well as her father.

Since the cat and bat motifs have been taken, she'd need one of her own. I suggest calling her, the Raven (nothing to do with the one in Teen Titans). She'd wear mostly black, and have a pet raven named Clancy. She's not really a villainess, (for one thing, she's a bit too young), but she's not really a hero. She'd be more of an anti-heroine, more interested in her own agenda than actually going up against the Bats and the Bird.

2. Flesh out Barbara's character a little more. Give her more interests besides working in the library and being Batgirl. Let's see her studying criminology, psychology, martial arts, etc. As well as give her a boyfriend (someone BESIDES Bruce!)

3. Since Aunt Harriet would have been out of the picture, bring a new relative into the picture (either Bruce's uncle, who was mentioned in the pilot; or another relative of Dick's that is in need of a home. Someone more savvy than Aunt Harriet, but knew how to keep quiet.)

4. Bring back the Bookworm. He was one of the more interesting Bat villains.

5. Have a duel between Julie's Catwoman and Eartha's to see who gets the title, the minions, etc. Or, better yet, one of them becomes the avatar of the Goddess Bast, to work her will on Earth, and save endangered species of cats.
noman

Post by noman »

Trivia on Chief O'Hara in "Enter Batgirl Exit Penguin"
The medals on his dress uniform
Legion of Merit
Sons of American Revolution Medal
Crox de Guerre

As revealing their secret identities:
In one episode Barbara Gordon as Batgirl talks to Batman on the Commissioners Phone-when Batman rings back to ask Batgirl,Commsioner Gordon replys he seen only Barbara Gordon-neither Batman or Gordon get it that Batgirl/Barbara Gordon are one and the same! {I think subconsciously both Batman and Gordon know BARBARA GODRON is BatGIRL-but dont choose to acknowledge this} Likewise When King Tut annouces to the the World that Bruce Wayne is Batman, Barbara godrson doesnt beleive him...Actually as Egghead points out figururing out who Batman is easy....the enormous expense as gadgets such as the Batmobile and the Batcave machines..point to someone very wealthy...of three men of Gotham city who are about Batman age and wealth-one has a French accent and one is a southpaw..tehre fore the only millionare who has the right age; wealth and a ward to play the part of the Boy Wonder is Bruce Wayne! :lol:
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

Sidekick wrote: 3) Sherry Jackson dons a red wig and becomes Poison Ivy.
Actually, she is a redhead, so no dye job would have been necessary. Speaking of dye jobs, Sherry said a few years ago that when she did a guest spot on Alice, Polly Holliday (who played Flo) wanted her to dye her hair because SHE was a redhead as well. According to Sherry, Linda Lavin nipped any further talk in the bud.
WayneGrayson

Post by WayneGrayson »

noman wrote:Actually as Egghead points out figururing out who Batman is easy....the enormous expense as gadgets such as the Batmobile and the Batcave machines..point to someone very wealthy...of three men of Gotham city who are about Batman age and wealth-one has a French accent and one is a southpaw..tehre fore the only millionare who has the right age; wealth and a ward to play the part of the Boy Wonder is Bruce Wayne! :lol:
I loved how Dick messed with the controls of the machine and Bruce ran a bunch of gibberish through his head. I also loved how Batman dropped an exploding pellet to keep Joker from tearing their masks off during his version of Pagliacci (sp?) WHICH MAKES ME THINK - when Robin's face was slammed into the pile of gum at Joker's art studio and he was lifted up from it, what happened in between the time he was pulled off with the gum stuck to his mask, and Robin having a cleaned up mask in the time it took to tie him to the mobile with the rotating knives?

ROBIN: Before you kill me, could you guys look away while I change my mask? I always keep a clean one inside my cape.
JOKER: Yes, yes of course

But, to paraphrase Catwoman, "ever heard of a crook that (was honest)?" The Joker probably would have sneaked a peek at Robin's face and Bruce would somehow (if he could just loosen THESE BONDS) blast Joker with a Bat-roofie spray.

Just a thought.
monitor_earthprime

Post by monitor_earthprime »

I wanted an episode that followed Detective Comics #235

or an episode the introduced the Batmen of all Nations:

These two stories would have fit right in with the '66 vibe.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Custom figures site
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

I agree.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

1) Batgirl changed to occasional guest star. Yvonne did a good job with what she was given but ruined the show. She was either helpless or showing up the Dynamic Duo.

2) Make Batman smart again. Smarter. Competent. I understand if the plot calls for the Joker incapacitating the caped crusaders but having Batman agree to shake his hand was stupid.

3) No more lame villains. Olga, Lola, alchemist woman whose name I can't recall right now...

4) Sherry Jackson as Poison Ivy, but this time make her attracted to Robin; Batman has Catwoman.

5) Return of False Face, Bookworm and Egghead on his own.

6) Killer Moth done properly like the comics as the "anti-Batman". Goofy face mask and all. One more Mad Hatter episode. Another Siren, except she wants revenge on Robin.

7) I don't know if Maxie Zeus was around yet, he'd be the greek version of King Tut. Delusional, with greek mythology crimes. Lotsa potential.

8) Halloween, New Years and Fourth of July themed episodes.

9) More Aunt Harriet, actress being healthier!

10) One of the villains genuinely reforming due to Batman and Robin's actions/example.

11) More Minstrel. Music themed crimes this time.

12) Another Shame with funny gang but no girlfriend/wife actress and mother-in-law. Terrible character. Get rid of the fear gas. More King Tut, too.

13) Overall sharper writing. Keep the comedy but balance it out; Batman's delivery and attitude is inherently funny, don't go overboard. Mix up the story structure, even if it's for a half-hour show, change it up. Bring back the cliffhangers.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

Your question 3) You're thinking of Dr. Cassandra.

Your question 7) Maxie Zeus' first appearance wasn't until (April-May) 1979 in Detective #483

Google is good. Remember it, use it, LIVE IT! :lol:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
robinboyblunderer

Post by robinboyblunderer »

---No, I'm trying not to think of her, terrible character.

---It wasn't a question about Maxie Zeus and I didn't feel like looking it up in the moment.

---Goo...what? I only use Ask Jeeves.
noman

Post by noman »

Sorry but by the 3rd season the shows sets were getting less and less...also with Batgirl they had the Cousin Oliver syndrome..when a series was in its last rattings a new charchter was introduced to help the place along...maybe she should have been introduced in the second season....also they had the one of two supervillians joining together against the dyaminc duo...Joker and Penguin were always a good team...especially with their mutal insults with one another...however Lola lasiguna with Penguin..I think they tried to introduce a female version of Penguin...amybe she should have been a solo villian who was a Opera singer 8-) :x
4theboids

Post by 4theboids »

My wishlist if it were still the 60's

1) Bring back False Face, Clock King and Bookworm

2) Like others said, drop the lame villains like Siren, Olga, Minerva, Dr Cassandra and Nora Clavicle

3) Have new villains played by the likes of Woody Allen, Yvonne DeCarlo, Telly Savalas, William Shatner, give Ida Lupino a better villain than Dr Cassandra. Would love to have seen an episode where the villains were a pair of mimes.

4) Restore the delicate balance of suspense and comedy

5) I know I'll catch a lot of flack for this, but take Batgirl out of the equation altogether, never really added anything to the series IMHO

6) A Mr Freeze that found the balance between the more serious George Sanders portrayal and a more comedic one. Eli Wallach was close, but Otto Preminger was just too way over-the-top goofy.

7) And of course, bring back the cliffhangers

8) Would love to have seen a Penguin episode with a chase like this:

[BBvideo 425,350]https://vimeo.com/96621368[/BBvideo]
QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK!!