HOw many characthers were killed off ..or nearly so..?

General goings on in the 1966 Batman World

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

noman

HOw many characthers were killed off ..or nearly so..?

Post by noman »

Four defineately=plus six... Molly in the atomic pile accident..the frozen butler...who went to pieces.....and the two gunmen {who shoot each other} in the zorba the Great episode. In the Batman Movie are six of Penguins henchmen who are KO...one falls into Penguins exploding octotuss and five are rehydrated with unstable atomic water and pop...pop..pop..pop...pop :geek:
Note-I think the Batman movie was supposed to come before the series..hence no mention of Batgirl

Ambigious...the policeman who was flash frozen by Mr Freeze and the Policeman who was shocked by the Pengiun hencemen...if they were played by the same actor??? A recurring character. :?: :?: ..also the Fake Commissioner Gordon..shot by a blank or real? ....Remember Batman calls the fake.. a high diver in Bookworms pay...and then of course Catwoman...first falling down the bottemless cavern..and the fall of the warehouse roof into the river...and the teaser at the pilot of the Riddler disapperence...similar to the first comic book of Riddler who tries to trap Batman and Robin in a booby trap maze on a dock but ends up falling into the water himself leaving a "?" {Of course Catwoman and Riddler come back}

ALso in the submarine in the Batman Movie..when the four villians are looking through the periscope...a pussy willow for Catwoman and a ? for Riddler....Penguin probably had a sillouite of either a penguin or himself {with his ego} and Joker...Joker face probably :lol: :x
dell

Re: HOw many characthers were killed off ..or nearly so..?

Post by dell »

I always assumed that if the situation was ambiguous, then the person lived. The show was meant to be kid friendly and the violence was usually cartoonish.

The movie takes place between seasons 1 and 2 of the show, but as in everything Batman very little of a timeline is used so it really doesn't matter what happens from episode to episode or in the movie.
dell
epaddon

Post by epaddon »

The strange thing is that while we are meant to assume that Princess Sandra's butler shattered to pieces when he fell over, there is a line of a dialogue later that suggests he's all right! (maybe a last minute script change?)
weirdkorey

Post by weirdkorey »

Well, batman & robin were nearly killed off on a weekly basis.. :lol: This is a great thread idea but I just had to say that lol
monitor_earthprime

Post by monitor_earthprime »

This is why I think this was one of the best Comic book tv series. None of the named characters died. This is one of the problems I have in todays tv series, so many comic book characters get killed for no reason.
Visit my wiki site:
Comic Books in the Media

To view my custom works of both JLU and Megos go to:
Monitor_EP Custom figures site
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

noman wrote:In the Batman Movie are six of Penguins henchmen who are KO...one falls into Penguins exploding octotuss and five are rehydrated with unstable atomic water and pop...pop..pop..pop...pop :geek:
Note-I think the Batman movie was supposed to come before the series..hence no mention of Batgirl
There was no mention of Batgirl not because the movie was intended to introduce the series, but due to Batgirl not being a consideration when the movie was produced after season 1. Batmania was riding high, so the shoehorned Batgirl was not required at that time.
Beneath Wayne Manor
Progress Pigment

Post by Progress Pigment »

My recall may be a bit hazy, but I swear that in the final fight scene in the final episode of the 'Lord Ffogg' trilogy, Batman swung a battle axe into one of Ffogg's goons with a ferocity unseen until Jack Nicholson waylaid Scattman Crothers in 'The Shining'! If you think I'm joking, roll the tape! And watch very closely. I doubt 'London goon #3' could have survived such a wound, unless they got him to a trauma center very quickly. The Batman was probably still a bit perturbed about getting ganged by about 60 thugs, drunkards, and barmaids at the pub. A pound note still does it's job, but so too does a battle axe. :)
Next week, the Dynamic Duo meets the Clock King!
SprangFan

Post by SprangFan »

In "A Death Worse Than Fate," the two mob hitmen in the sarcophagi appear to kill each other when our heroes duck out of the cross fire from their machine guns. We don't actually see them dead, but it's certainly implied. Bat man even makes an atypically callous quip about hauling them off to the morgue.
"You were right again, Batman. We might have been killed."
"Or worse. Let's go..."
philigan

Post by philigan »

I just watched The Penguins Nest episodes. I like this the best of season 2 Pengy eps. When the henchmen electrocutes the policeman in the basement prison he was either close to death or died. I also like how Penguin recognizes Alfred from a previous encounter, but will not recognize him as the preacher less than a year later lol.
Dr. Shimel

Post by Dr. Shimel »

philigan wrote: I also like how Penguin recognizes Alfred from a previous encounter, but will not recognize him as the preacher less than a year later lol.
Much like Aunt Harriet had to ask Batman who Penguin was in the Marsha teamup--even though he waltzed into Wayne Manor with Chickadee, who held a gun to her less than two months earlier. :lol:
Shemp

Post by Shemp »

In "The Joker's Provokers," the two henchmen are discussing what a great guy the Joker is. One mentions that Joker threw his parole officer into Gotham River with cement galoshes.