My Robin mannequin

Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
Costume making, prop building and other '66 Bat-related arts and crafts. Great place for info and helpful tips. Proudly display your latest creation. Please keep it '66 Batman related otherwise it will be moved to OFF-TOPIC.

(NO SOLICITATION). If you're looking to BUY or SELL something, go to the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Even if you're trying to assemble a costume by buying or acquiring different crafted items rather than constructing or customizing them yourself, then it belongs in the MERCHANDISE SECTION. Don't even ask somebody if they're planning on selling something within this section.

Be sure to read the Board Rules as well before posting for the first time.

Thank you!
danbar

My Robin mannequin

Post by danbar »

My Robin mannequin is finally completed, and I wanted to share the results. Batman will soon be ready and then I will post some new pics of my Terrific Trio. In actuality, they may never be "completed". I think I will continually find small things to tweak. But I am very happy with the current state.

The mannequin has been re-painted to resemble Burt as much as possible. It will have to do until Chuck Williams decides to sculpt a Burt Ward bust [ hint, hint Chuck :P ].

Vest, cape, mask are by the dynamic duo of Chuck & Lynne Williams; top quality as always. Gloves from Gaspar, belt from CY Productions and boots from Duran. I think Isabel Duran has done a marvelous job on the boots. I just received them and really love them.

I hope you all enjoy the pics. Thanks to all for the inspiration received through this board.
Attachments
Robin1b.jpg
Robin2b.jpg
Robin2b.jpg (86.49 KiB) Viewed 8419 times
Robin4a.jpg
Brian M

Re: My Robin mannequin

Post by Brian M »

Looks great!
bnkpro

Post by bnkpro »

Looks great! I also got a pair of gloves from Gaspar. I find them to be a little long, how do you find them or did you provide custom measurements?
Hedji

Post by Hedji »

Wowzers! That is tremendous! Excellent job!
danbar

Post by danbar »

bnkpro: Yes, I find the gloves to be too long also. I don't really understand it, since they were supposedly made using the original Burt Ward glove patterns. Otherwise, the gloves are beautiful and I really like them. But too expensive for me to order another pair. So I just choose to "believe" that they are accurate even though they appear much shorter on TV. Do you think you will try to order another pair?
elmrgraham

Post by elmrgraham »

Holy Excellent.
Chuck Williams

Post by Chuck Williams »

Fantastic display!!!
WELL DONE!!
Quick, Everyone, Flee for your lives, into the street!!!!

http://www.etsy.com/shop/WilliamsStudio ... eller_info
bnkpro

Post by bnkpro »

Another pair is certainly not an option for me at the moment. Like you correctly stated these were very expensive. As for the pattern, could it be based on the pilot episode where Robins gloves were made of cloth? They were a little longer right?
Joel Ross

Post by Joel Ross »

Fantastic display and first rate costuming all around. The gloves look great. I noticed when I ordered my Batman gloves from Gaspar the fins were a little on the large size.
Randy

Post by Randy »

WOW
burkestudio

Post by burkestudio »

That's what I want to do! Brilliant!!

-Jeremy
Same Bat Time! Same Bat Channel!
Technical Artist & Designer
Facebook: Burke Studio
eBay: jerburke http://www.ebay.com/usr/jerburke?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
Etsy: BurkeStudio
Instagram: BurkeStudio
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Regarding the gloves, maybe Dorothy needs a refresher on the exact dimensions of the Robin gloves. Could someone please deliver her a tracing of the Hardeman gloves to keep on file? I had to do that a long time ago with Duran's for the Robin shoes. It had been traced and changed so many times that their pattern didn't end up looking at all like the Hardeman Robin boots. It's kind of like the game of telephone. Stories (and patterns) get changed over time I guess.

Regarding the mannequin, it's terrific! A few suggestions though...

I would find a wig that's a little less "red" and more on the dark brown color spectrum. I would also move the wig down on his forehead a little, as the mannequin looks like he has a prematurely receding hairline...not good for a 19 year old Boy Wonder!

But you did a tremendous job with it! I'm sure your friends are impressed when they see it in person!
danbar

Post by danbar »

Thanks Wally and everyone for the nice comments and suggestions. The wig doesn't really have any red in it, but I agree it looks that way in my photos. But I have realized that the color is too light brown. I have another wig on order that I hope will be better. I will be try to fit the new wig a little more accurately also. When I have finished tweaking him, I will post new pics. Thanks again.
wally wingert

Post by wally wingert »

Can't wait to see it! Again...BRAVO!
QuickBat Allan

Post by QuickBat Allan »

well done
my wife is my Batgirl