I had no idea this was out on DVD LEGENDS!

1966 TV show type Bat-Items found on eBay, Collectibles, etc.

Moderators: Scott Sebring, Ben Bentley

Forum rules
You must read the MERCHANDISE RULES before participating here.
John Mack

I had no idea this was out on DVD LEGENDS!

Post by John Mack »

http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Super-Her ... atman+1966

Oh, and did you get a load of the "This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media." Never heard of such a thing but I guess WB does this and it's official.

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Hedji

Re: I had no idea this was out on DVD LEGENDS!

Post by Hedji »

I have it and can say, order with confidence. Don't let the DVD-R throw you. It's legit and plays fine. I wouldn't have known if they didn't have the disclaimer.

Such a great show. I love it like I love the Star Wars Holiday Special!
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

Yup Warners has about 4000 titles in the DVD-R format including this awful special (I have it) the Ron Ely Doc Savage movie and the Shazam TV series from the 70s. Quality on all is exceptional.
John Mack

Post by John Mack »

AndyFish wrote:Yup Warners has about 4000 titles in the DVD-R format including this awful special (I have it) the Ron Ely Doc Savage movie and the Shazam TV series from the 70s. Quality on all is exceptional.
WHOA! Thanks guys. So, as usual, I'm a little late to the party. But find me in the back sitting on the couch and we'll talk LOL :lol:

John
Music. BAT! Music.
Lou Szabo

Post by Lou Szabo »

And "It started with a Kiss" - featuring the "Batmobile" before Barris converted it in a bright red color.
Some days you just can't get rid of a ... SHARK!
batbelfry

Post by batbelfry »

Szabol wrote:And "It started with a Kiss" - featuring the "Batmobile" before Barris converted it in a bright red color.
I picked up both the Legends and It Started with a Kiss DVD's some time back. For the record, I was disappointed with the remastering of "It Started With a Kiss". The video levels are way too dark. I caught it in the middle once on Turner Classic Movies, and their print looked much better to me than the DVD. I did enjoy all the footage of the pre-batmobile driving around though. And it's cool to see the double bubble roof open and close.
Fatbat

Post by Fatbat »

I own this on vhs! LOL As well as The Justice League of America show!

Batguitarist wrote:http://www.amazon.com/Legends-Super-Her ... atman+1966

Oh, and did you get a load of the "This product is manufactured on demand using DVD-R recordable media." Never heard of such a thing but I guess WB does this and it's official.

John
tanino008

Post by tanino008 »

Hello all.

If you order this item from Warner directly, it will also be a DVDr?
Feel free to visit my page
https://www.facebook.com/gamcanal04
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

Can anyone tell in detail about the bonus outakes? I'd love to know what is on it.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

No matter where you order it from it will be a DVDr-- it's the way of the future of the medium for titles that won't have the interest level to warrant full DVD pressings. Sometimes though, they say it's a DVD-R (which are darker purple?) and you end up with a "real" DVD i.e. the early run of the SHAZAM TV series.

There are no bonuses on the disc that I'm aware of-- the outtakes if there were any I suspect were used in in the final. This was definitely an Ed Wood level production where second takes were not an option.
BATWINGED HORNET

Post by BATWINGED HORNET »

AndyFish wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am This was definitely an Ed Wood level production where second takes were not an option.
You are not kidding.
Beneath Wayne Manor
The Boss

Post by The Boss »

AndyFish wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am
There are no bonuses on the disc that I'm aware of-- the outtakes if there were any I suspect were used in in the final.
Really? I have read from several sources that there are about 8 minutes of outakes. But none gave any details. Since this was on such a tight budget I figure that any outtakes must have been HUGE blunders.
AndyFish

Post by AndyFish »

All of these "on demand" titles are very bare bones.
8 Minutes of out-takes? Maybe the person saying that mistook the actual show for out-takes...it wouldn't be hard to do. ;)
chetchumley

Post by chetchumley »

there are 3 seperate outake clips one w/ BATMAN & ROBIN..really not an outake,,just a scene they cut shorter w/ dr sivana another one is the mordru musical act w out the background music,,third is if i recall correctly green lantern clip w/ he used his power ring to transport himself...like i said they are not really BLOOPERS per say,,just scenes they shortened
Monstar

Post by Monstar »

The Boss wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 12:08 pm
AndyFish wrote: Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 am
There are no bonuses on the disc that I'm aware of-- the outtakes if there were any I suspect were used in in the final.
Really? I have read from several sources that there are about 8 minutes of outakes. But none gave any details. Since this was on such a tight budget I figure that any outtakes must have been HUGE blunders.
I just popped my DVD in and made some notes:

•Doctor Savana (Howard Morris) Ad-libbing - Walks around the heroes and commenting on them.
•Solomon Grundy (Mickey Morton) outtake - Finishes a line, the camera continues to roll.
•Green Lantern (Howard Murphy) waiting for a plane to fly by
•Green Lantern leaving his mark - runs to his mark, holds, leaves frame
•"That's Entertainment" Piano Click Track - Mordu (Gabriel Dell) sings; audio is lowered aside from the "click" to keep time, I suppose.
Total time: 8:29